A coroner's inquest has heard how McDonald's customers stepped over a disabled man as he lay dying on the floor in order to place their orders.
Gloucester coroner's court was told that Mike Ore, 47, collapsed on 8 July after food blocked his windpipe while he was sitting in McDonald's in Cheltenham. He had spina bifida, along with gout and alcohol problems.
Customer Johnny Langden told the inquest: "I was standing in a queue at McDonald's with my family when I saw this man in a wheelchair clearly in distress.
"I and two ladies went to his assistance and tried to remove the food from his mouth, but he had turned purple in colour and I realised that he was dying.
"I could not believe it, but some customers stepped over his body to get to the counter."
The coroner's court saw CCTV footage that showed it was three minutes before anyone came to Ore's aid.
The coroner, David Dooley, said: "The deceased had been drinking prior to visiting the restaurant and the alcohol could have inhibited the swallowing reflux.
Unfortunately nobody appeared to notice his condition until it was too late."
A friend of Ore's, Jack Uddin, contacted the Gloucester Echo to describe him as a "good and loyal friend". He wrote on the paper's Facebook page to say: "May the eternal sleep bring you forever peace my Mike. You will be missed."
A verdict of accidental death was recorded.
Alan White is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Alan White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.