1. There would be beautiful, colorful yarn as far as the eye could see.
Also: cozy, snuggly, can’t-keep-your-hands-off-it yarn.
2. Real food would be totally passé in the face of crocheted food.
4. People would gather from around the country…
5. …and from across the globe.
No matter where you come from or how you learned, making things is a language anyone can speak.
9. Famous writers would come together to discuss their love for knitting.
Ann Hood edited this truly delightful collection of pieces, and writers including Barbara Kingsolver read theirs aloud at a panel during the convention.
“For the purpose of these four days,” Kingsolver said, smiling, “I am not a writer who knits — I am a KNITTER!”
14. Nature would take a cue from its fibrous friends.
This incredible garden was created by the ridiculously talented crafters of Colorful Stitches in Lenox, Mass.
16. Hats would be so, so much more than mere head coverings.
Kelly Fleek’s toppers are part work of art, part cozy winter accessory, part awesomely writhe-y alien being come to rule over us all.
20. Which obviously requires knitting fashion shows.
Including an audience full of people contentedly crafting away.
21. Everyone would be super willing to help you learn new skills.
This table was packed all day with people of all ages sitting down to navigate sticks and string for the first time. (And, of course, with those helping them out.)
22. (No matter how hard the skill in question.)
I took a double-knitting class with Stitch ‘n Bitch author (and BUST editor) Debbie Stoller. She warned us at the beginning of class that it would probably feel “like learning to knit all over again,” and she wasn’t wrong — the totally reversible, two-color process was insanely difficult, but we ended class with a much better feel for the technique and a few inches of work to show for it.
23. This would be the motto of every country, state, and human.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Jay Z is set to hold a get out the vote concert for Hillary Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing black voters.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏