2. Having to contend with horrendous carpeting/linoleum/unidentified floor coverings from 1978.
Mm, smells great too.
4. Or finding your dream listing only to refresh and find this:
8. Absentee landlords/ladies/supers who are incapable of making even the most basic repairs.
“I’ll just tape the dishwasher shut and that’ll make the weird noise go away!”
(But hey, it IS nice that it’s someone else’s job to fix/pay for stuff, not yours.)
9. And if your building is run by a management company? Especially one where everyone perpetually seems to be on a lunch break? Goooooood luck.
11. And having to prostrate yourself before the spackle gods if you do use nails or screws.
RIP, security deposit.
17. Getting charged a ridiculous late fee if you turn in your rent even five minutes past when it was due.
“That’ll be $200, and we only accept gold ingots, please.”
19. Cool remnants left behind by previous tenants.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- South Korean prosecutors have reportedly asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant for former President Park Geun-hye.
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.