2. Having to contend with horrendous carpeting/linoleum/unidentified floor coverings from 1978.
Mm, smells great too.
4. Or finding your dream listing only to refresh and find this:
8. Absentee landlords/ladies/supers who are incapable of making even the most basic repairs.
“I’ll just tape the dishwasher shut and that’ll make the weird noise go away!”
(But hey, it IS nice that it’s someone else’s job to fix/pay for stuff, not yours.)
9. And if your building is run by a management company? Especially one where everyone perpetually seems to be on a lunch break? Goooooood luck.
11. And having to prostrate yourself before the spackle gods if you do use nails or screws.
RIP, security deposit.
17. Getting charged a ridiculous late fee if you turn in your rent even five minutes past when it was due.
“That’ll be $200, and we only accept gold ingots, please.”
19. Cool remnants left behind by previous tenants.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.