1. Olek is an artist known for covering everything around her in insanely colorful crochet.
“I crochet everything that enters my space,” she writes on her site. “Sometimes it’s a text message, a medical report, found objects. There is the unraveling, the ephemeral part of my work that never lets me forget about the limited life of the art object and art concept.”
2. This summer, she and a group of assistants undertook her biggest project yet: They crocheted around an entire four-car locomotive in Lodz, Poland.
“I am totally in love with it, but hate it in the same time,” she told Hi-Fructose. “If the natural progression is to make bigger better pieces, what should I make next? Can someone give me a plane? Or should I go to the moon?””
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪