1. Olek is an artist known for covering everything around her in insanely colorful crochet.
“I crochet everything that enters my space,” she writes on her site. “Sometimes it’s a text message, a medical report, found objects. There is the unraveling, the ephemeral part of my work that never lets me forget about the limited life of the art object and art concept.”
2. This summer, she and a group of assistants undertook her biggest project yet: They crocheted around an entire four-car locomotive in Lodz, Poland.
“I am totally in love with it, but hate it in the same time,” she told Hi-Fructose. “If the natural progression is to make bigger better pieces, what should I make next? Can someone give me a plane? Or should I go to the moon?””
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing the repeal of Obamacare and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.