1. Signs for the Homeless is “an exchange project…a sign in exchange for donations and a hand painted sign.”
Kenji Nakayama and Christopher Hope trade old signs for reimagined ones in bright, clean colors. They preserve the signs’ original wording.
2. They also conduct interviews and give each subject a chance to tell his or her story.
Susan, 46, describes the struggle that is facing the stigma of homelessness: “One of my sisters saw me out in the streets in Harvard Square three times and did not say anything to me. It hurts a lot because I have always looked out for my family and no one is helping us.”
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳