1. Signs for the Homeless is “an exchange project…a sign in exchange for donations and a hand painted sign.”
Kenji Nakayama and Christopher Hope trade old signs for reimagined ones in bright, clean colors. They preserve the signs’ original wording.
2. They also conduct interviews and give each subject a chance to tell his or her story.
Susan, 46, describes the struggle that is facing the stigma of homelessness: “One of my sisters saw me out in the streets in Harvard Square three times and did not say anything to me. It hurts a lot because I have always looked out for my family and no one is helping us.”
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩