1. International Yarnboming Day was founded by Canadian fiber artist Joann Matvichuk in 2011.
Yarnbombing is the art of making fiber graffiti (it’s sometimes called guerrilla knitting or yarnstorming) and if you’ve ever encountered a bike or a tree wearing a sweater, that is what it is.
This piece is by Lorri Wagner Talberg.
If you spotted or made a yarnbomb of your own, add it in the comments!
And get in touch with YarnPlaces, which is trying to assemble an interactive map of all the projects.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the UK economy ✈️
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏