2. Tired of making New Year’s resolutions you never keep? Do something different this year and make “rememberlutions!”
New Year’s resolutions can be energizing and motivating, but they can also lead you to beat yourself up; focusing on the previous year’s failures to figure out where to do better next year is no way to live. And when you don’t keep your resolutions (yet again), you can feel completely defeated.
So instead of focusing on shortcomings, prepare to celebrate each awesome thing that happens next year.
3. Make a jar now that you can fill with memories and accomplishments over the course of the next 12 months.
You can review and remember when the ball drops at the end of 2015!
4. In order to make one of your own, all you need is a garden-variety jar…
Any size, any shape. Whether you’d like a lid or not is totally up to you.
5. And a plethora of craft supplies.
We used googly eyes, yarn, stickers, paint pens, and copious amounts of glitter. We found that a glue gun was the best way to make all of the trinkets stick to glass, but glass/metal glue worked as well (it’s about $7 at any craft store).
6. Let your materials ~speak~ to you.
Remember, this is going to be in your line of sight for the next 12 months. The heart wants what the heart wants, and sometimes what the heart wants is chartreuse fringe.
7. Then go to town. Several folks chose to festoon their jars with inspirational quotes and reminders.
8. Others printed out photos of our greatest icons.
9. One of us knitted a jar cozy.
Because why the heck not.
10. You can get totally silly.
11. Or simple.
12. Or defiant.
13. When your jar is decorated to your heart’s content, it’s time for the rememberlutions themselves.
14. Over the course of the year, whenever anything happens that makes you proud, write it down and put it in the jar.
15. It doesn’t matter how big or small it is.
16. Nor how personal.
17. All that matters is it’s yours.
19. Here’s to starting a brand new year, and reminding yourself how freaking awesome you are!!
Go forth and make some fantastic new memories!
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 24. Officials still need to search 80% of the building.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂