9. Register someplace that lets you exchange duplicates or unwanted gifts for cash.
Policies can vary, so check with the store in question first, but it prevents the hassle of owning three George Foreman grills and/or ending up with store credit at a place you’ll never set foot in again.
19. If guests are giving checks as gifts, ask (politely!) that they be made out to just one member of the couple, or to both with “or” rather than “and” in between.
Many banks have different policies regarding deposits and joint accounts, so it’s best to cover your bases. Guests should also have a heads up if one or both members of the couple are changing their last names.
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳 ⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲