9. Register someplace that lets you exchange duplicates or unwanted gifts for cash.
Policies can vary, so check with the store in question first, but it prevents the hassle of owning three George Foreman grills and/or ending up with store credit at a place you’ll never set foot in again.
19. If guests are giving checks as gifts, ask (politely!) that they be made out to just one member of the couple, or to both with “or” rather than “and” in between.
Many banks have different policies regarding deposits and joint accounts, so it’s best to cover your bases. Guests should also have a heads up if one or both members of the couple are changing their last names.
- The election is really, really over now: Jill Stein has dropped her Pennsylvania recount request, making Donald Trump the absolute winner.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23--year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂