1. Use a thin slab of wood to instantly make a vase of flowers look more special:
Owls optional. A lot of craft stores sell slices of tree trunks this time of year, and you can order them here as well. (Or just ask your best lumberjack friend to help you out.)
2. Forgo flowers and display dried stalks of wheat instead:
They’re available at farmer’s markets and in craft stores; the advantage to using these, besides the fact that they are pretty and smell great, is that your sightlines will be much more clear and you can see all of your guests’ smiling faces. This is something to consider with all centerpieces.
16. Nothing screams “fall” like a tumbler full of cranberries:
If you have a candle stand, great; if not, the cup would still look awesome sitting on the table. Fill a cup with cranberries and a little water, than set a floating candle on top. Do not eat the cranberries as they will be waterlogged and dripping in wax.
- The Democratic National Convention kicks off today and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Two people were killed and at least 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.