1. Use a thin slab of wood to instantly make a vase of flowers look more special:
Owls optional. A lot of craft stores sell slices of tree trunks this time of year, and you can order them here as well. (Or just ask your best lumberjack friend to help you out.)
2. Forgo flowers and display dried stalks of wheat instead:
They’re available at farmer’s markets and in craft stores; the advantage to using these, besides the fact that they are pretty and smell great, is that your sightlines will be much more clear and you can see all of your guests’ smiling faces. This is something to consider with all centerpieces.
16. Nothing screams “fall” like a tumbler full of cranberries:
If you have a candle stand, great; if not, the cup would still look awesome sitting on the table. Fill a cup with cranberries and a little water, than set a floating candle on top. Do not eat the cranberries as they will be waterlogged and dripping in wax.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏