1. Use a thin slab of wood to instantly make a vase of flowers look more special:
Owls optional. A lot of craft stores sell slices of tree trunks this time of year, and you can order them here as well. (Or just ask your best lumberjack friend to help you out.)
2. Forgo flowers and display dried stalks of wheat instead:
They’re available at farmer’s markets and in craft stores; the advantage to using these, besides the fact that they are pretty and smell great, is that your sightlines will be much more clear and you can see all of your guests’ smiling faces. This is something to consider with all centerpieces.
16. Nothing screams “fall” like a tumbler full of cranberries:
If you have a candle stand, great; if not, the cup would still look awesome sitting on the table. Fill a cup with cranberries and a little water, than set a floating candle on top. Do not eat the cranberries as they will be waterlogged and dripping in wax.
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Twelve states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.