2. One of those women, Viola Davis, made history that night as the first black actress to win the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress In a Drama Series.
4. Taraji was called upon to talk about Davis’s win on Ellen this week, and it’s just extending the emotional high we’ve been riding since Sunday.
“It was bittersweet [not to win] you know what I mean because we all want to make history and be important to society and everything, but then I thought about it,” Henson told DeGeneres. “I was like, it’s 2015 and we have a black president and no black woman has ever won. Like this is weird.”
5. “When I went into it and I knew I was being nominated alongside of Viola I just thought to myself, God just please give it to one of us so we will never have to say that again.“
You know, let’s just break this barrier down and keep on pushing. I think the universe is happy Viola deserved that award. And honestly I would have felt weird if I had gotten it over her. Ya know what I mean. She’s been doing it longer. You just got to give respect and know when your time is.
6. Viola and Taraji even hugged it out when Viola’s name was called.
7. Let us give thanks for women supporting each other.
8. H/T People.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging accident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar incidents.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️