1. The relationship between Pacey and Joey on teen classic Dawson’s Creek is the stuff of TV romance legend.
3. As with any legendary romance, sometimes it’s nice to sit back and reminisce about how it came to be.
4. Enter Vulture’s interview with former Dawson’s Creek showrunner Greg Berlanti, who talked about the change-up that occurred in Season 3 to make the romance a reality.
5. When Berlanti took over the show from the series’ departing creator, Kevin Williamson, he knew his goal: “I would get Pacey with Joey and have a King Arthur–esque story.”
6. “Dawson being King Arthur — exploring what happens when Lancelot and Guinevere fall in love,” he told Vulture. “[Joey and Pacey] always had such wonderful chemistry, the two of them — they have a Tracy and Hepburn quality that I liked writing for.”
7. And so it happened. As Berlanti notes, “We just wanted to write what we wanted to see.”
9. However they got there, this union is blessed.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋