1. Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling, 2007 and 2008
WHAT DO YOU MEAN The Notebook isn’t real?
2. Britney and Justin, 2002
It’s all your fault, JT. All. Your. Fault.
3. Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, 2005
Poor Jess, she traded a lifetime of happiness for Adam Levine.
4. Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal, 2009
Say what you will about beards, but I believed.
5. Chris Brown and Rihanna, 2009
Upside: Riri is ok. Downside: ‘Forever’ is ruined.
6. Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson, 2006
WHAT DO YOU MEAN The OC isn’t real???!?
7. Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson, 2008 and 2009
Lindsay just needs someone to love her. Why is that so hard?
8. The Original Bennifer, 2003
Gigli: Never Forget.
9. Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger, 2007
And then things just got worse. Oof.
10. Jude Law and Sienna Miller, 2004 and 2006
Balthazar and the Nanny aside, these two belong together. (This one still counts even though they’re kind of back together, because they wasted so much time apart. Life’s too short, kids.)
11. Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston, 2006
Probably for the best? But still.
12. Gisele Bundchen and Leonardo DiCaprio, 2005
Ok, so Tom Brady is aging a lot better than Leo, but these were the golden days. Why can’t a supermodel and a movie star work it out anymore?
13. Paris Hilton and Nick Carter, 2004
Did you read those love letters? And then he beat her up? Devastating.
14. Elizabeth Hurley and Hugh Grant, 2000
(For Jack). But if you can make it through a scandal, why can’t you make it through unfortunate aging?
15. Ed Norton and Salma Hayek, 2003
A sad day for geeks the world over.
16. Michelle Williams and Spike Jonze, 2009
Noooooooooooooo she was finally happy and he loved Matilda and everything. They were the Brooklyn Dream!
17. Kate Bosworth and Orlando Bloom, 2005
She got soooo skinny (even skinnier than that) after he dumped her. And I think she had to share custody of the dogs? :(
18. Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, 2009
Who will lead us through the next decade of irrelevant celebrity protests? I am lost.
19. Drew Barrymore and Fabrizio Moretti, 2007
I just liked this Drew the best of all the 2000s’ Drews. Also it feels very 2000s to date a Stroke.
20. Mary Louise Parker and Billy Crudup, 2004
What a fucking dick, you know?
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.