1. Empty your kettle and fill it with fresh water. Use only the amount of water that is needed. Using fresh water means you have a brighter, fresher taste, as fresh water contains lots of oxygen that will enhance your tasting experience.
2. Add one level teaspoon of tea per person. Never one for the pot.
3. Brew for three minutes. This will give you a good fresh flavour with no bitterness.
4. After your three minutes have finished the most important stage is to remove the leaves or teabag from your cup or teapot.
5. If using a teabag, never squash the teabag on the side as all you will do is push all the tannic bitterness out and ruin the tea.
6. If using loose leaf tea, keep your leaves because you can reuse them two or three times.
7. Add milk as you like, but never use milk in white, green, yellow, and oolong teas.