We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share their greatest personal gaming achievements. Here are the best of the responses.
1. Placing first on Rainbow Road while tripping balls.
2. Catching Mewtwo without a Master Ball.
3. Surviving Oregon Trail.
4. Beating Dad's favorite game.
5. Getting revenge on an annoying Morrowind NPC.
6. Raising seven generations of healthy, happy Sims.
7. Beating Lion King with mom.
8. Playing so much Elder Scrolls that the disc was destroyed.
9. Maintaining an Initial D record at the local arcade for four years.
10. Bowling a perfect game in Wii Sports.
11. Completing Banjo-Kazooie after 15 years.
12. Catching five shiny Pokémon in a week without hacking.
13. Winning a Smash tournament as an underdog.
14. Holding a top rank on a Facebook game for months at a time.
15. A Tamagotchi with longevity.
16. Beating the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time.
17. Beating an arrogant ex in Dr. Mario.
18. Playing a truly herculean amount of MapleStory.
19. Beating Sonic the Hedgehog at age three.
20. Defeating the Lich King in World of Warcraft.
21. Speedrunning Mega Man without using any abilities.
22. A perfect run of Super Mario Bros. 3.
23. Absolutely owning Goro in Mortal Kombat.
Submissions have been edited and condensed for clarity.