1. To Protect the ‘Defenseless,’ Abolish the Minimum Wage
“To Protect the Defenseless, We Must Abolish the Minimum Wage,” write Yaron Brook and Don Watson of the Ayn Rand Center for Forbes. Yes, this makes total sense. Not.
2. Let’s Pay Teenagers Less for the Same Work
State Sen. Michael Baumgartner (R-Wash.) says teenagers should be paid less than minimum wage because “a whole generation of teens are not being able to develop a work ethic.” Yes, the best way to instill proper work ethic is to pay people substandard wages because of their age.
3. The Very Idea of a Minimum Wage? Psshaw
James Sherk of the Heritage Foundation: “I believe the minimum wage hurts its intended beneficiaries. I do not support the concept of the minimum wage.”
Sherk doesn’t even like the concept of the minimum wage. We wonder how long he would agree with that if he actually worked in a minimum wage job?
5. Eliminating the Minimum Wage Will Help Poor People, We Promise!
Former Republican congressman for Texas and presidential candidate Ron Paul believes that poor Americans would “absolutely” be better off if the minimum wage was eliminated.
Paul says: “It would help the poor people who need jobs. Minimum wage is a mandate. We’re against mandates, so why should we have it? It would be very beneficial.”
7. We Should Never Have Had a Minimum Wage In the First Place
Cato Institute Vice President James Dorn: “I think the minimum wage is zombie economics….The minimum wage interferes with individual freedom and economic freedom.”
The economic freedom of corporations to do what? Operate sweatshops and pay employees $2 an hour?
We Think Jobs Should Lift Workers Out of Poverty, Not Trap Them In It
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Hillary Clinton accepted the Democratic party's presidential nomination, and had some fiery words for Donald Trump 🇺🇸
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.