1. Wet n’ Wild Mega Last Lip Color $1.99
Long lasting, highly pigmented, beautiful matte finish and dirt cheap.
Compare to: MAC matte finish lipsticks
Try: The color Cherry Bomb for a perfect dark red that is almost impossible to find in a Sephora. Trust.
2. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray $5.99
Natural ingredients, creates beachy voluminous waves and texture.
Compare to: Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray and Josie Moran
Bohemian Waves Argan Hair Mist
Try: Spraying on wet hair, flipping upside down and using a diffuser for volume and wave.
5. E.L.F. Neutral Eyeshadow Palette $15
Amazing mix of shimmery, glittery and matte shadows, the possibilities are seriously endless with this gem.
Compare to: Urban Decay Naked Palette 1, 2 & 3 combined.
Try: Pinterest for awesome eyeshadow tutorials. Also, the E.L.F. Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette for crazy colors in addition to the neutral shades.
6. Batiste Dry Shampoos $7-8ish
Dry shampoo for every kind of hair. Tinted versions can cover up color regrowth! They also have different scents.
Compare to: Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder, almost every dry shampoo
Try: Backcombing for extra volume. Batiste gives great grip and staying power to styled hair.
7. Wet N’ Wild MegaLiner $2.99
Hands down, best black liquid eyeliner out there. Outlasts crazy nights, crying, habitual eye rubbers and nuclear war. The attached brush alone is worth more than the entire product sells for.
Compare to: Any other liquid liner out there.
Try: The glitter and color liners in the same line. Absolutely perfect.
Don’t Try: Waterproof if you ever want to get it off.
9. NYX Liquid Crystal Liner $4.50
Perfect for a glitter enthusiast, this stuff is no joke. Very glittery. Plus, it has what most glitter lacks: staying power.
Compare to: Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner
Try: Use an eyeshadow brush to cover entire lids. Layers beautifully over shadow.
14. Garnier Fructis Haircare Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment $5.99
A smoothing, deep conditioning daily wear treatment that smells divine.
Compare to: Moroccanoil brand Moroccan Oil Treatment
Try: Using on ends, not on roots. Use on dry hair to tame fly aways!
15. Sinful Colors Nail Polish $1.99
Whoever runs Sinful Colors must be some sort of fashion forward, super chic saint with no concern with profit, because this stuff RULES. Any color you can think up, they sell.
Compare to: OPI, China Glaze, and whoever else.
Try: Buying all of them. You won’t regret it, or spend a lot of money in the process..
16. NYX Pore Filler $14
If you’ve never used a product like this, you will be very entertained by the results, as it is basically magic.
Compare to: Benefit POREfessional. Not QUITE as great, but half the price
Try: Strictly under foundation and sparingly. This product is heavy but amazing.
19. Forever 21 Brush Sets $4-10 usually
Usually found near the checkout line, these brushes are the unsung heroes of the beauty industry. They do the trick, always come in cute patterns and you never feel bad losing them because they are so cheap.
Compare to: Sephora brand brushes. Basically the same quality. Not the best, not the worst.
Try: The angled brush for eyebrow powder.
20. Maybelline Falsies Mascara $7.49
You’ve probably already seen this stuff everywhere and heard the raves. Just to drive the point home: this stuff rules.
Compare to: Benefit They’re Real Mascara and BADgal Lash Mascara
Try: 2 layers for the fattest lashes, and when it’s old… throw it away. Don’t be a crusty mascara hoarder, it’s gross.
21. Conair Think Big Velcro Rollers $8.99
Not so much for curl, more for volume, these rollers are re-usable and will save you a LOT of money. Plus, wearing them while you get ready feels really retro glam.
Compare to: A blowout at a salon.
Try: A hair dryer on low, because heat always helps to make a style last.
What are your cheap answers to expensive beauty products? Comment with them and share the knowledge!
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage will disappear under Trump.
- A Trump adviser is presenting himself as an unlikely go-between in an effort to help global elites understand Trump.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of the position.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.