1. Jawbreaker (1999)
Once you get past the absolutely scarring concept of someone being gagged in a trunk with a Jawbreaker, actually you never will so nevermind.
2. Spice World (1997)
If you were a child of the ’90s it is very likely that your first memory of the concept of feminism was brought to you by Ginger Spice. Though your standing as a feminist may have evolved, you know that double decker bus is still your dream whip.
3. The Craft (1996)
Nothing better than a little black magic and ’90s fashion.
4. Steel Magnolias (1989)
It wasn’t only the Aquanet holding these Southern Belles together, it was each other. Hearts as big as their sleeves.
5. Switchblade Sisters (1975)
The most literal girl gang of this list, the Switchblade Sisters are Quentin Tarantino’s favorite girl gang and it makes a lot of sense.
6. Mermaids (1990)
Girl crews can be your family, or your family can be your girl crew.
7. 9 to 5 (1980)
Just a few career women sticking it to the man, aka their perv boss.
8. Mystic Pizza (1988)
Not the first girl gang bonded over pizza and definitely won’t be the last.
9. Ladies & Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains (1982)
Incredible New Wave hair and makeup, baby versions of Diane Lane and Laura Dern and punk legends as background characters. No need for much else.
10. Now and Then (1995)
A ’90s does ’70s film about 4 BFFs and Devon Sawa’s butt.
11. A League of Their Own (1992)
Madonna was once in a sports movie.
12. Spring Breakers (2012)
Everyone needs the occasional crime fueled vacay with their clique.
13. The Babysitter’s Club (1995)
Pretty vanilla, but the timed sprinkler trick they played on the rival girl gang was inspirational.
14. Sugar & Spice (2001)
Makes you want to rob a bank.
15. Set it Off (1996)
Makes you want to rob a bank, and then not.
16. Whip It (2009)
Basically everyone involved in this movie was a cool girl that you have a friend crush on, not a flaw.
17. Bad Girls (1994)
A gun slingin’, long hair don’t care believin’ girl crew takes on the Wild West.
18. Bridesmaids (2011)
Never had we felt such an overwhelming feeling of 2nd hand embarrassment and understanding at the same exact time.
19. Heathers (1988)
The single most quotable movie of all time, Heathers wasn’t the first, but it paved the way for many.
Bonus: Skate Witches
Not sure if or where the full length version of this exists, but either way, Skate Witches are the unofficial girl crew of YouTube .
Who are your favorite on-screen girl gangs?
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- A top Democrat said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- London police say seven arrests were made in connection to the Parliament attack. At least three people died and 29 others were injured.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️