2. The Mona Lisa, which was stolen 2 years ago in 1911, was finally found. Vincenzo Peruggia, an Italian patriot, had stolen it with the intent to return it to an Italian museum.
7. Gideon Sundback patented a hookless fastener called a “zipper.” Yeah, whatever. Buttons FTW!
9. The Woolworth Building was finally completed in April. Tallest building in the world, whaaaat! Suck it, Met Life Tower!
17. In March the New York Giants signed Jim Thorpe, who’s kinda cute in a weird way, right?
18. Marcel Duchamp caused a huge stir at the New York Armory Show with his painting “Nude Descending a Staircase, No. 2.” People who were used to naturalistic art were SCANDALIZED.
19. Billboard published its first ever list of best selling songs; Collins and Harlan’s “Melinda’s Wedding Day” is number one, and it’s a BANGER.
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and ended within 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨