1. As the closing ceremony began in Sochi, a group of performers stepped onto the stage to create a human version of the Olympic rings.
3. Oh, wait! There they go!
4. Very clever, Russia. Very clever.
5. Putin approves.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.