1. American alpine skier Bode Miller won the bronze medal in Sunday’s Super-G competition, giving him a total of six Olympic medals over his career — the most of any U.S. skier.
Miller, far right, on the podium with, from left to right, silver medalist Andrew Weibrecht of the United States, gold medalist Kjetil Jansrud of Norway, and co-bronze medalist Jan Hudec of Canada.
2. Miller’s bronze also made him the oldest alpine skier to win a medal, at age 36.
3. During Miller’s post-race interview with NBC, journalist Christin Cooper asked Miller about his brother Chelone, who died of an apparent seizure in 2013.
5. Many viewers, reacting online, felt Cooper went too far.
15. Miller’s wife Morgan was seen comforting him after the interview.
16. Afterwards, Miller himself tweeted about the emotional day.
17. UPDATE, Feb. 17, 1:30 a.m. ET: Miller addressed the interview on Twitter.
- The Russian government agrees with Donald Trump's comments that NATO is "obsolete," which the president-elect made during an interview published Sunday.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.