1. The Phantom of the Opera
Often, Sudeikis played the show’s “regular” guy amid an ensemble of kookier characters — even when he was wearing a Phantom of the Opera mask. Nobody did it better.
3. Just Friends Booty Shorts Model
This may be controversial, but I think Sudeikis has the better butt here.
4. Young Chuck Norris Singer
Andy Samberg may be playing Young Chuck Norris, but this is all about the commitment Sudeikis brings to belting the line, “Young Chuck Norris! This is a tribute to thee! Live on brave warrior — into e-TER-na-TEEEEEEEEE!”
5. The Devil
I just loved the louche glee Sudeikis brings to playing the devil. “You just got damned! Woo!”
6. Jesus, Football Fan
Sudeikis basically played Jesus the same way he played the Devil — as an affable dude who can’t stand people who take themselves too seriously. Kinda weird it worked both ways.
8. Urigro Spokesman
Who else could credibly pull off the line “thick, ropy jets of urine”? NO ONE ELSE.
9. One of the Two A-Holes
The character that first put Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig on the map at SNL demonstrated two of his best strengths: A deadpan commitment to his character, and setting up other actors to shine (in this case, Wiig).
10. Member of Bon Jovi Opposite Band Jon Bovi
Bonus Will Forte trifecta!
11. Vice President Joe Biden
No one at SNL has been able to figure out how squeeze comedy out of a Barack Obama impression the same way George W. Bush and Bill Clinton provided years of material. Instead, the clutch impersonation of the Obama administration has been Sudeikis’ Joe Biden. (It was definitely stronger than his Mitt Romney.) It’s a perfect match of subject and actor, really. I’m not quite sure how SNL will be able to find a better one.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.