1. This is Jem and the Holograms, an animated series from the 1980s about a music executive named Jerrica and her rockstar alter ego Jem.
The reasons Jerrica needs an alter ego to perform as a rock star are confusing and convoluted and best not scrutinized too deeply.
Suffice it to say, the show was truly outrageous, and outrageously popular, inspiring dolls and some unreasonably catchy music.
2. This is Jason Blum (producer of the Paranormal Activity films), Jon M. Chu (director of G.I. Joe: Retaliation), and Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun. They are making a Jem movie. You read that right.
They are making their movie through “crowdsourcing” — not for money, but for creativity, and casting.
And it’s so outrageous, it just might work.
Let them explain:
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- Serena Williams posted a powerful note on her Facebook page Tuesday, saying she won't be silent about police killings of black men.