1. This is Jem and the Holograms, an animated series from the 1980s about a music executive named Jerrica and her rockstar alter ego Jem.
The reasons Jerrica needs an alter ego to perform as a rock star are confusing and convoluted and best not scrutinized too deeply.
Suffice it to say, the show was truly outrageous, and outrageously popular, inspiring dolls and some unreasonably catchy music.
2. This is Jason Blum (producer of the Paranormal Activity films), Jon M. Chu (director of G.I. Joe: Retaliation), and Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun. They are making a Jem movie. You read that right.
They are making their movie through “crowdsourcing” — not for money, but for creativity, and casting.
And it’s so outrageous, it just might work.
Let them explain:
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.