1. This is Jem and the Holograms, an animated series from the 1980s about a music executive named Jerrica and her rockstar alter ego Jem.
The reasons Jerrica needs an alter ego to perform as a rock star are confusing and convoluted and best not scrutinized too deeply.
Suffice it to say, the show was truly outrageous, and outrageously popular, inspiring dolls and some unreasonably catchy music.
2. This is Jason Blum (producer of the Paranormal Activity films), Jon M. Chu (director of G.I. Joe: Retaliation), and Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun. They are making a Jem movie. You read that right.
They are making their movie through “crowdsourcing” — not for money, but for creativity, and casting.
And it’s so outrageous, it just might work.
Let them explain:
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺