32 Things To Make Your Home Feel Less Cluttered (Without Getting Rid Of Anything)
Give your home the refresh it needs without having to part with what you own.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A lift-top coffee table designed to give you a place to store that random assortment of things that end up all over your coffee table. Out of sight, but definitely not out of mind.
Promising review: "This is a unique table. It's perfect for my needs. I draw a lot. I can draw without leaning over. Then I can put the papers inside the table and all is clean and clear. It opens so smoothly that I don't have to remove the plant or other decorations to open and close it. I do remove drinks just to be safe. I should have bought it a long time ago." —CB
Get it from Amazon for $139.99+ (available in three colors).
2. A cap organizer reviewers confirm is super easy way to store hats (though they recommend a wood hanger as it's stronger) and can also be used to hold scarves or other accessories.
I recently got this after getting so frustrated with finding a good way to store my ever-growing baseball cap collection. I previously store my hats on a wall hook, but they would also fall off, and my new apartment didn't really have a space for that in the closet. This was the perfect solution. It lets me keep all my hats organized and neat and take up barely any space in my closet. Plus, it's super easy to grab and take the hat you need, without all the others falling to the floor. I didn't have a wood hanger, but I found that with nine hats on it, it is still very stable and easy to use.
Each cap organizer can hold up to 10 items.
Promising review: "These are the best things I have found to store my husband's hats. Especially without taking up a ton of space in the closet or on a door. I absolutely recommend a wood hanger. I had to use two double plastic hangers until I could get a wood hanger. Even the two plastic hangers sag and didn't seem sturdy. But these things are great. I used the other one to store scarves and tank tops. Gave me tons more space in my closet. Great prices, well made, and multiple uses! I will actually order more to help with closet space." —Shannon H.
Get it from Amazon for $8.89.
3. An acrylic plant hanger made to fit in your windowsill so you have a place to not only store your ~growing~ collection of plants, but also display them.
Indoor Window Gardens is a small, family-owned business based in South Carolina. The acrylic shelves come assembled, and you can secure them with a single fastener.
Promising review: "Not only do these shelves look amazing and give me so much more room for my plants but the customer service is amazing! I forgot to order extensions with my order so I contacted the shop and they helped me by making a special listing for the extensions. They placed them in my original order so everything came together. If you’re looking for a window shelf, this is it!!" —Jamie Miner
4. A medicine cabinet organizer to maximize the amount of toiletries you can store in your medicine cabinet.
You can also use 3M Command strips to attach these to a wall if you don't have a medicine cabinet.
Promising review: "This is an awesome piece to have in my medicine cabinet. It keeps my razor up above on one shelf and then creams or whatever beneath, and on another shelf, I have one holding my toothbrush up high and other items underneath. I love it. It adds so much more room to my cabinets and makes it functional where before everything fell out all over. This is the best idea EVER!! More space, less mess. I LOVE IT!!" —C. Chamblee
Get it from Amazon for $14.
5. A floating shelf that will transform all your favorite novels and cookbooks into works of art you can enjoy every single day because, let's be honest, are you really ever going to get around to reading them when they're just sitting in a huge pile on the floor getting in your way?
Promising review: "These are so much fun! We ordered the small size, which fits standard hardback books (approximately five to seven hardbacks in my experience). They're a great way to add some extra storage to our very small home, and we've placed them in our hallway so people ask us about them all the time. I'd highly recommend!" —LaBuenaVidaMere
Get it from Amazon for $15.16+ (available in four sizes and variations).
6. A two-tiered rotating shelf to help you take advantage of an awkward cabinet where half of the things get lost in the back. Pretty sure you'll have this ~a-round~ for a long time because you won't forget that you had paprika hiding in the back and buy a new one, only to discover it months later completely rock hard and unusable.
Promising review: "This turned a mess of a cabinet into an organized cabinet. We use A LOT of spices and it was always a nightmare to find the right one. Now I just spin to find what I want. It’s a nice height too and allows for different size bottles to be placed on the racks." —Vegmom
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in eight colors).
7. A '60s-inspired bookshelf you can totally use to store more than just books. Trust me, your random vases and plants will look so much better in your home sitting on here rather than on your counter.
8. Some Shoe Slotz designed so you can store your shoes on top of each other instead of side by side, meaning not only will your closet look so neat, but you'll also have room to store more shoes. Always a win in my world.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Sally Elshorafa says: "This product SAVED MY SHOES! I have an awkward set of built-in shelves in my closet, and it was the only place I wanted to put my shoes. As you can see from the before pic (above), it was a big mess; my shoes were piled on top of each other and getting really dirty. Traditional shoe caddies or boxes didn't really work because there's not much horizontal space, so I tried the Shoe Slotz. It fixed the problem perfectly! Because the design smartly stacks one shoe on top of the other, you save 50% of the space you'd normally use to store your shoes."
Get a 10-piece set from Amazon for $30.95.
9. A magnetic stove shelf meant to give a place to put your most-used cooking ingredients (looking at your salt, pepper, and olive oil!!).
Promising review: "The shelf installed in a snap. It has two sturdy magnets that hold it securely onto the slightly rounded back of my stove. I felt comfortable setting a full jar of honey on it, and I haven’t seen it move at all as I have been cooking. I have limited space in the kitchen, so I’m really happy to have an additional place to set things I need frequently. It doesn’t look like an add-on; it looks like part of the stove. I’m really happy with it!" —Sylvia J.
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in three colors and two styles).
10. A lift-top ottoman perfect for putting in front of your bed and giving you a place to not only put your shoes on but also store any blankets or even toys.
Promising review: "Love this! My bedroom has evolved into my son's playroom, so I wanted something like a toy bin, but more esthetic. This does the job! Fits all of his large toys, lid is lightweight, so I don't have to worry about my son slamming his fingers, and it looks beautiful. Nice and sturdy. Perfect little perch." —Kayla
Get it from Amazon for $41.51+ (available in three sizes and 10 colors).
11. A cork organizer tray perfect for your entryway because by simply having a place to put random things, it makes them look organized and like they're meant to be there.
Goldune is a woman-founded small biz marketplace bringing together all kinds of sustainable products from small businesses.
You can take my word for it because I am currently using this exact tray in my entryway. My apartment is a little different in that there really is not "entryway" but as soon as you walk in, there's a large closet with built in shelves and drawers. We essentially turned the shelf above the drawers into a place to put our keys, masks, earbuds, etc, and this tray was the perfect piece to make it feel organized. Sure everything is still sitting out, but the fact that there are little compartments gives the illusion that all the random things are organized and neat.
Get it from Goldune for $38.
12. A bakeware rack with adjustable dividers so you can customize it to fit whatever kitchen supplies you have in a random pile in your cabinet.
Promising review: "We loved this so much that we bought a second one immediately! This works great for circular pans, cake pans, heavier pans, jelly roll pans, awkward collapsible colanders, cutting boards, whatever you want. Plus, it has non-skid feet which is a big plus!"—Organization Freak / Hobby Cook
Get it from Amazon for $14.39.
13. An under-cabinet wineglass rack perfect for holding any glasses that are too tall or fragile to be crowded into a cabinet. These will turn heads and make your kitchen feel like a Michelin-star restaurant.
Promising review: "I really like this wine rack! I needed a nice, space-saving solution for wineglasses that are too tall to go in my glass cabinet, and this rack fits the bill. It was simple to install and looks great. Good buy!" —Cycle Mom
Get it from Amazon for $19.93+ (available in four sizes and four colors).
14. Or a hanging wine bottle and glass rack if you want a fun way to store your glass collection as well as a few bottles. The rack can hold your long-stem glasses, while the top keeps up to six bottles of wine safe. Well, safe until Happy Hour, that is.
15. An O-Sheet! specifically designed to hold one complete set of sheets because no one (and I mean no one) enjoys trying to fold their extra fitted sheets to make them look nice in the linen closet. Instead, all you have to do is put the sheets into the fleece, and use the drawstring to close it. Plus, it has an indicator strap so you always know what size sheets are in it. How genius is that?
Bumble Made is a woman-owned small business that specializes in this one product to help transform your linen closet.
Promising review: "These are the greatest things! I love them — so excited not to dread changing sheets on the beds anymore…or fear opening the linen closet. Thank you for the wonderful product!" —Ashby Dawson
16. A CovoBox made to look like a stack of books, but it's actually hollow on the inside, so you can use it to cover your Wi-Fi router that's awkwardly sitting out and making your TV stand look messy.
Before adding this to your cart, you have the option to customize it, including selecting from 14 lengths and 15 colors (including custom colors). The CovoBox is made from reclaimed books and sustainable wood.
Covogoods is a small family-owned business creating home decor in Utah!
Promising review: "I’m pretty sure I’ve never loved a purchase from Amazon as much as I love this one, and I’ve been a Prime member since Day 1. This product is EXTREMELY well made and very unique. Plus, it does the job of hiding the ugly routers and cords. And the customer service was great and responsive. I was a little hesitant to spend the money on this but after years of living with the husband’s pile of technology, the money was well spent!" —AmazonEmme
17. A set of floating shelves that'll take advantage of wasted space on your walls and show off any cool books, candles, or souvenirs you love.
Promising review: "I've been looking everywhere for shelves like these but have had no luck. Anything I found was either too big or over $100. These are fantastic. They go perfectly in my bathroom and allow me extra shelving for things I can't fit on the counter top. I'm buying another set or two for my living room. They're super easy to hang, especially if you have a drill." —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $13.75+ (available in nine colors and varieties).
18. An expandable shelf organizer to essentially double the space you have in your cabinets and keep all your plates, bowls, cups, and whatever other kitchen utensils you NEED together in a neat and orderly fashion.
Promising review: "I love these Seville expandable shelves; they have completely transformed my kitchen cabinets. Before I bought them, I was stacking things on top of other things in order to take full advantage of the cabinets. What a hassle to get to stuff! These shelves were PERFECT for turning those two-shelf cabinets into four-shelf. They are super sturdy, easily expanded. Also, I find that they are quite attractive and blend nicely into the rest of the cabinet. Plus, the metal is covered with some kind of nonstick coating that helps protect things from scratches and lends the shelf a nice matte finish. I purchased several different kinds of shelves at once, and these are by far the nicest I bought. Couldn't be happier with this purchase!" —S. Blades
Get it from Amazon for $24.85.
19. An elegant shoe storage ottoman with a secret — it's got places to store your shoes so they don't clutter the ground or your closet! AND it functions as a comfy seat.
Promising review: "I can’t believe this was so inexpensive! It perfectly matches my couch and looks more expensive than it was. I like the shoe organizer inside. I put my off-season shoes in there and my Xbox controller and headset and remotes in there, and it freed up some closet space." —Tara
Get it from Amazon for $159.87 (available in 10 colors).
20. A three-tier bamboo rack you can hang on the wall or keep on the ground, but either way, it will give you a place to organize all the random things you just can't find a home for.
Promising review: "Recently removed the radiators out of my old house, and the bathroom had a narrow space that just looked empty. This fit perfectly, providing much needed storage, and keeps the room from looking cluttered. Easy to assemble and sturdy enough that I am not afraid of it falling apart. Love this!" —Amber Kuhn
Get it from Amazon for $36.99+ (available in three colors).
21. A double-sided tea organizer designed to hold up to 80 tea bag so you can toss those bulky boxes and have a streamlined way to still enjoy a cup (or two).
Promising review: "Do I really need a tea bag organizer? That's what I was thinking when I ordered this. And when I took it out of the box. And when I filled the first little bag holder. But as the pile of empty boxes grew larger, I knew the answer was yes, I do need a tea bag organizer. I was using a whole shelf and a half of jumbled tea boxes that I had to sift through to look for a specific tea. In the end, I think this held about eight or nine boxes of tea bags (I crammed some of them). I am so happy that I got this!" —Sarah C.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in three styles).
22. A set of storage cubes so you can take advantage of any overhead (or wasted) space in your closet. The sky's the limit! (Or really, the ceiling in this case.)
Promising review: "I put these in my closet to make extra shelves for sweaters/sweatshirts. They were easy to assemble and worked great at adding additional space to my closet. I like that my clothes don’t topple over into the pile next to them anymore. They were easy to put together, and if I move they will be easy to take apart, put in a small box and move. I'm very happy with this purchase."—Goldensummerdog
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in five colors).
23. A vertical shoe tower you can put right next to your front door so you (and your guests) have a place to put shoes as soon as you enter the house. Nobody will trip over a pile of shoes on the ground any longer!
Promising review: "This is perfect for what we are looking for. It had to fit in a smaller space and served to stop a puddle of shoes from forming at the doorstep. I am glad that we have smaller feet/shoes though as the spaces are a bit narrow. There are only two larger spaces that would work for high-top shoes or heeled boots. All the other spaces fit flats or low sneakers well." —Sara C.
Get it from Amazon for $69.99+ (available in three colors and two sizes).
24. A fridge rack that latches on (so no installation required) because even if you live in a small home, it doesn't mean you have to limit the ingredients and spices you keep in your kitchen. Plus, this can also be mounted or placed on the floor (just flip it over) so it really can fit whatever space you're working with.
Promising review: "I love this organizer! I had to do some minor modifications to make sure it doesn’t slide off with added weight (I'm in an earthquake prone state), but it is just what I needed to free up some valuable counter space and still have access to what I need!" —Mari S.
Get it from Amazon for $43.99.
25. A set of space saver bags because storing your bulky winter clothes in the summer will ~suck~ less when you squeeze all the air out so they take up a wayyy smaller amount of space in your closet (or under your bed).
Promising review: "First of all, when you see 'jumbo' in the title, you better believe these things are JUMBO! These bags of limitless storage can hold just about anything fabric that you need squishing down into a manageable block. I've used these for blankets, clothes, and precious keepsakes and I feel secure in the knowledge that they are all well-protected. The plastic is thick but not stiff, so you know it's good quality." —Kimball Household
Get a six-pack of small bags from Amazon for $39.99 (also available in three other sizes and a variety pack).
26. A Roll Keeper organizer perfect for anyone whose T-shirt (or leggings) collection keeps growing all the time even though you tell yourself you're going to stop. This handy device holds 16 (or more) rolls in a compact way that won't take up precious room in your closet.
The Roll Keeper is a woman-owned small business from Kelso, Washington! And if you need help learning how to load and unload the Roll Keeper, you can watch this handy video.
The roll keeper is a favorite of our team. I got one recently and am obsessed with it. It took my ever-growing pile of T-shirts in my closet and made them super easy to store. There was already a nail randomly in my closet, so I just hung it from that. It's super easy to use and makes my closet a little less cluttered, which is always a good thing.
BuzzFeed Writer Mal Mower says: "Before getting this I was driving myself up the wall with my bad folding habits. I basically shoved all my shirts into the storage drawers under my bed, because I have a teeny-tiny closet in a small apartment (the picture above gives you a solid idea of how small it is). This has given me a massive amount of clothing storage I didn't have before. The quality is stellar and Traci is 10/10 the most thoughtful person I've purchased an Etsy product from!"
Get it from Amazon for $20.99 (available in two sizes and two colors).
27. A cord organizer to help you hid any messes that accumulate from pulling in all your devices that are a total eyesore in the room.
Promising review: "I had a mess of cables on the table next to my bed, and if you pulled one too much, the chargers would fall. This keeps everything in place. It is very LARGE, I didn't expect it to be that big, but it holds a full-size surge protector, and I'm able to plug in everything in there! It's very helpful!" —Patrick Pflaumer
Get it from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in three colors).
28. An under-cabinet sliding basket perfect for your collection of cleaning supplies or even beauty products. Put bottles on the top and any smaller items in the drawer, and you'll be G2G.
Promising review: "These are nice pieces that helped me organize underneath my bathroom sink! They fit perfectly! After organizing everything, I was so surprised I had so much more room that I grabbed more items out of the linen closet to fill it up. I still have a lot of room left. I bought these based on the high ratings and they hold true." —Brad J. Leahy
Get it on Amazon for $27.97 (available in two colors).
29. Some under-bed storage containers if you want to utilize the space under your bed. These are great for things such as swimsuits or extra winter layers that you only use at specific times of the year.
Promising review: "My bed frame has a pretty low clearance (less than 6 inches). This fits under it easily since the material is soft. I used it to store all my sheets and blankets to open more space in the closet. I like that the tops are clear so you can see what's inside without having to dig through it." —Kyra
Get it from Amazon for $12.97+ (available in six colors).
30. A super-sleek velvet ottoman designed so the top pops off (and you can flip to make a small table) to reveal some sneaky storage. You can fill this with basically anything, even an ever-growing candle collection, as one BuzzFeed editor does.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Emma Lord says: "Another bonus? If you flip the lid over, it has a wooden base, so you can *also* use this as a teensy snack table. I recently got one of these for my new apartment to stash my candles and ~candle accessories~ in, and it's pretty much become my favorite piece of furniture?? I use it to prop up my feet during work hours and sometimes if I want to eat on my couch I'll use it as a tray. It's also sturdy enough to sit on, if I ever wanted to have guests over and needed an extra chair. It was RIDICULOUSLY easy to set up — I had it done in less than 10 minutes, and probably didn't even need the directions. It also just looks so darn cute (and comes in so many colors that I'm tempted to buy another!)."
Get it from Amazon for $59.99 (available in eight colors).
31. A three-tier slide-out storage tower so you can ~squeeze~ the most out of your kitchen even if you have less cabinet space than you thought was possible. Plus, you'll know exactly where the baking powder is when you need it for a recipe.
Promising review: "This storage tower is awesome and such a space saver. I live in a small apartment with little cabinet space, so I used this tower for my spices right in between my stove and refrigerator. It was also the easiest thing to assemble (no tools required)!" —S.J.
Get it from Amazon for $36.99.