Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A pair of braided square-toe heels so on trend you'll find yourself reaching for them during all of your summer engagements — from a random Tuesday night dinner out to your friend's bridal shower.
Promising review: "I love these so much I want them in another color. They are on trend for the Spring/Summer, comfortable enough to wear all day long without pain, and the price is perfect. Just put them in your cart!!!! You will love them. **Do scuff them up a little because they are slippery straight out of the box**" —Bria Greenfield
Get them from Amazon for $45.99 (available in sizes 6-10.5 and in five colors).
2. A pair of multicolored Teva sandals that will essentially be a party on your feet every time you wear them. Plus, the shoes are made from quick-dry webbing out of recycled plastic, which means you can *totally* wear these into the water at the beach and not have wet feet the rest of the day.
3. A pair of flatforms with more than 11,000 5-star reviews raving about how comfortable and cute they are. You can dress these babies up or down, so you'll be rocking them all summer long.
Promising review: "I have been looking for some new spring/summer sandals and I just received these and they are so incredibly comfortable and super cute! I think I will order them in more colors. The width is perfect on me. I tend to have a wider foot, but not that wide and found they fit true to size. The color is fabulous too! I ordered gray." —Magical Everyday
Get them from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 68 colors and prints).
4. A pair of Rainbow wave sneakers to add a bit of sun (and color) to any outfit because just looking at them will bring you just about the same amount of happiness as stepping outside on the first nice summer day of the year.
Promising review: "I could not adore these sneakers more! They're comfortable and look so well made. I was tired of the same plain tennis shoes and wanted something that would make me smile when I put on — my new Soludos do the trick every time. They are well worth the shoe investment! (Also easy to find LOTS of cute coordinating shirts!)" —Erin R.
Get them from Amazon for $138.95 (available in sizes 5–11 and in two colors) or from Soludos for $139 (available in sizes 5–11 and in three colors).
5. A crisscross slide designed with a molded foot bed, so if you meet your friend for brunch and then end up on an epic adventure the rest of the day (because somehow that always happens in the summer), you won't have to worry about your feet bothering you at 10 p.m.
Promising review: "The shoes are very comfortable, and they look very beautiful in the rose color. I would recommend these shoes." —Betty S.
Get them from Aerosoles for $99 (available in sizes 6–12 and in three colors).
7. A Sorel strappy sandal made with platform wedge design and a padded footbed for a little extra ~boost~ that will also take you that extra mile in the heat.
Promising review: "These shoes are a breath of fresh air. I need comfortable shoes because of so many foot surgeries. It can be so hard to find something that actually looks great but is comfortable to wear for hours. These shoes are so comfortable!!!! I could not be more pleased." —Melissa M
Get them from Sorel for $130 (available in sizes 5–12 and in eight colors) or from Amazon for $129.95 (available in sizes 5–12 and in nine colors).
8. Woven slides so you can ~check~ stylish (and comfy) sandals off your "to-get" list. There's no need to search any further — these slides are everything you're going to need this summer (and the next summer, and the summer after that too).
BTW — Zou Xou Shoes is a Black woman-owned business that has been creating handcrafted shoes by Argentinian shoemakers since 2015. The styles are easy and classic so they can be worn for years. These are handmade to order in European sizes, and they suggest sizing up. So, if you wear a US 8, choose a 39.
Promising review: "These shoes are great! The leather is soft and comfortable — no breaking in necessary." —Eileen chao
Get them from Zou Xou Shoes on Etsy for $185 (available in European sizes 36–42).
9. Olukai mesh convertible sneaker specifically designed with a fabric that will let you feet breathe *and* a heel that folds down, mean you can wear them two different ways. Not to mention, the folded heel makes it super simple to slide these on if you have sweaty feet.
Promising review: "These shoes are great! They are super light and comfortable. You can comfortably wear with or without socks. I got them in the white/grey, and they are very cute! I highly recommend!" —kyiecolson
Get them from Nordstrom for $99.95 or OluKai for $100 (available in sizes 5-11 and in six colors).
10. A peal-encrusted flip-flop to take the standard style you've owned for years up a ~notch~ for a classy style that can't be beat.
Get them from Bernardo1946 for $148 (available in sizes 6–11 and in three colors).
11. Huarache woven sandals handmade in Mexico — they're beautiful shoes that will actually mold to your foot the more you wear them.
BTW — Macarena Collection is a small biz based in Buena Park, California! All of the shoes are handmade by Mexican artisans. Since they only make whole sizes, they suggest sizing down if you're in between as the shoes will stretch and mold to your feet as you wear them.
Promising review: "Can I give these 1,000 stars? They are soooooo comfortable!!! I was afraid because my feet are on the wider side, but oh my do they fit absolutely amazingly well!! Don’t hesitate to buy them!! I love them! I love them! I Love them!!" —Jennifer Baez
Get them from Macarena Collection on Etsy for $39.99 (originally $49.99; available in whole sizes 5-10).
12. A pair of block heel open-toe sandals comfortable enough to wear all night long. If you haven't worn heels much in the past year, this style is perfect for easing back in without going overboard this summer!
Promising review: "I love these shoes. They are really comfortable. My feet are a disaster from years of playing sports (bunions, etc.), so it can be hard to find comfortable shoes. These are great. I definitely recommend them." —Heather Z.
Get them from Amazon for $30.99 (available in whole sizes 5-10 and in three colors and patterns).
13. Huarache sandals perfect for extra hot weather when you don't want your feet to overheat the second you step outside.
Promising review: "As soon as I opened the box, I was so happy. They are not only a beautiful color but are so well made and actually quite comfy! They are true to size. I'm so impressed, and I plan to get a few other colors as well. You will love these shoes." —Sydney
Get them from Nisolo for $120 (available in sizes 5-11 and in seven colors).
15. A faux leather chunky block heel I'm just going to warn you about now, once you slip these babies on your feet, you may never want to take them off again. They'll make you feel like the superstar I know that you are.
BTW — Lilly's Kloset is a Black woman-owned online boutique that has been bringing people fashion-forward clothing, shoes, and accessories since 2012. Their mission is to help dress people for their most memorable moments.
Get them from Lilly's Kloset for $48 (available in sizes 6-11 and in pink, tan, and clear).
16. Allbirds tree runners made out of eucalyptus tree fibers for a sustainable style that won't cause your feet to overheat. Plus, if they do get a tad sweaty, you can throw them in the washing machine, and they'll be as good as new.
Just be sure to not put them in the dryer; let them air dry after washing.
Promising review: "Why did I wait so long??? I wish I could wear these shoes all day for everything! They're so comfortable and lightweight." —Stone, C.
Get them from Allbirds for $95 (available in whole sizes 5–11 and eight colors).
17. A pair of cutout open-toe sandals reviewers say have a bit of extra padding in the footbed, so they provide more support than your average super flat sandal style.
Promising review: "These are cute shoes with a shiny finish. The style is very casual but the material dresses them up. I wear mine with shorts and dresses. The sole has a slight arch making them more comfortable than your average flat shoe. They fit true to size." —Sampson
Get them from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes 5.5-11 and in eight colors).
18. Slingback espadrille flats perfect for anyone that wants a closed-toe style that still feels summer-y.
Promising review: "I bought the orange color. I’ve only worn them once but they were actually very comfortable — more than any other shoes I’ve bought from Target, and they look super cute!" —Andy1992
Get them from Target for $29.99 (available in sizes 5-12 and in three colors).
19. Dr. Martens platform sandals reviewers sing praises for because they style is so comfy and supportive, it basically doesn't feel like you're wearing heeled shoes, let alone sandals. If you have foot problems, this may be a sandal style you can actually wear this summer.
Promising review: "I am obsesseddd with these shoes! They don't even feel like I'm wearing platforms. They just feel like sandals, which is good because I'm clumsy. I ordered the size 7 because I'm usually a 6.5, but they don't have half sizes. The 7 is fine, I'd say just about a half size too big (lol), but I just tightened the back strap, and we're good to go!!! They're great. I have like 100 pairs of shoes, but I wear these several times a week, whenever I can. Worth every penny. I want 10 more pairs of Dr. Marten's sandals now." —Maggie
Get them from