28 Small Things That'll Make A Big Difference In Your Home
A TV cord cover, door draft stopper, sneaky insect traps, and more useful products for your home that are tiny yet mighty.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of floating shelves you can use in basically every room of your home — from your living room to the bathroom — to declutter your surfaces and add some (practical) decor to the walls.
2. A smartplug that works with an Amazon device with Alexa so you're able to use your voice to turn off the light — no longer will you get all comfy in bed only to realize you left a light on and have to use all your remaining energy for the day to get back up and turn it off. It will feel like you've got a personal assistant there, helping you turn the lights on and off whenever you need them.
3. Some abstract watercolor wall decals to give your walls some life and let you get your security deposit back at the end of your lease. If you live in an apartment that could use a coat or two of paint, this is a great way to revive it and give your home more of a personality.
4. An easily washable drip catcher made to fit around your faucet to stop water from pooling around it every time you do the dishes. You'll be surprised at how this little thing can make such a difference in your life.
5. A set of negative-space vases you can place around your home for an added bit of depth and decor that will make it feel fancier than it actually is. Stick one or two flowers in each vase, and you'll have eye-catching decor everyone will be complimenting you on.
6. A toilet night-light designed with a sensor so it will turn on as soon as you stumble into the bathroom, eyes closed. You won't have to turn on the light, which always wakes you up, causing it to take longer for you to fall back asleep.
7. A remote control caddy made to fit perfectly over the arm of your couch so you always know *exactly* where the remote is and don't have to spend five minutes searching for it when Netflix autoplays the next episode and you have to scramble to turn it off before it sucks you in...again.
8. Some Miracle-Gro spikes here to make everyone think you're the best plant parent around when in reality you can't remember the last time you watered your plant babies. Was it last Wednesday? No, maybe Tuesday? What are days anymore??? These discreet sticks go into the dirt of your plant and feed them micronutrients for up to two months, leaving them looking beautiful and adding life to your home.
9. An outlet shelf to give your bathroom products ~a lift~ off your oh so precious counter space while still keeping them easily accessible when you need them.
10. Some Sheet Keepers, which are elastic bands with labels on them so you can keep your extra sheets neat and organized and also know which ones are full size and which ones are queen size (because it's always SO hard to tell).
11. A door draft stopper reviewers swear is a great way to stop cold air from getting into your home during the winter months. Not only will you save money on your energy bill, but you'll also stop tiny critters from crawling their way into your home. And now that's a win-win.
12. A color-changing LED light string you can string around your room so it actually glows and gives off the coolest ambience. These lights are not only easy to install, but they have six brightness levels, 32 color options, and a remote to help you easily customize the look. How cool is that?!?
13. A TV cord cover to disguise the cables that are visible under your wall-mounted TV. The cover will blend in with the wall and make it seem like the cords aren't there at all. And that, my friends, is practically magic.
14. An under-shelf spice organizer that sneakily clips to the shelf and then gives you space to hold up to seven standard spice jars — clearing up space in your cabinet and ensuring you don't encounter an avalanche when you open it to grab the cumin.
15. Or a wooden spice rack for a stylish option that you can attach to the wall and take the spices out of your cabinets altogether. Plus, it comes with 18 labeled jars and free spice refills for the next five years, which means you won't have to pick up any whenever you're at the grocery store — unless you're at Trader Joe's, and then you must get some of the Everything But the Bagel seasoning.
16. A soundproofing strip to help block out all the surrounding noise so your coworkers can actually hear what you have to say about those reports and you won't have to apologize for the sounds of the garbage truck outside.
17. A set of bed bands that'll work super hard to keep the corners of your fitted sheet in place so they don't pop off and try to escape every chance they get. Pretty sure it's a sign that you're an adult when your fitted sheet stays around your bed.
18. A set of silicone stove-counter gap covers I'm really upset I haven't had in my home for years now because these stop all those tiny crumbs from falling down the crack, and that is so so so impossible to clean up! *shakes fists in the air*
19. A set of gold cable organizers here to — once and for all — keep your cords exactly where you want them and look good while doing it. No need for eyesores in your home when you can add pretty *and* useful things such as these.
20. Some Command Hooks you can use for just about everything around your home — from creating an entryway storage area, hanging measuring utensils on a cabinet door, or even hanging a piece of art. You'll be so thankful to have these small but mighty hooks nearby, helping you craft the perfect home.
21. A set of tote hangers to give you a way to actually store your handbags instead of just piling them in your closet and hoping for the best. These hangers are specifically designed to keep your handbag collection so neat and organized you may think you were on an episode of The Home Edit after using them.
22. A Luminoodle, which is an LED lighting strip you place around the back of your TV to brighten up the whole viewing experience by creating a sharper image, increasing color contrast, *and* reducing eye strain.
23. A flat outlet plug to help you eliminate the clutter and eyesores of the mess of cords around your plugs and give your space a sleek and clean look.
24. A two-tier standing rack reviewers say makes even a random collection of grooming products look chic. Just set this on your counter, and you'll have so much more space to keep all your things without taking up the whole area.
25. Sticky Stake insect traps you place in your plants to attract flies, gnats, midges, and other insects and keep them from flying around your house and annoying you so very much.
26. A brass hook you can use to replace cheap plastic hooks, dingy towel rings, or any other unsightly hooks you've got around your house. These minimalist hooks are so functional, you might want to grab a bunch ASAP.
27. A four-bar behind-the-door towel rack great for anyone with a large family (or roommates) and not nearly enough space to hang things in the bathroom. With this slim design, you can fit all your towels behind the door and not clutter up the entire bathroom.
28. Light-dimming stickers to put an end to that annoying light coming from your TV, Wi-Fi router, or whatever else you have in your home giving off a not so aesthetically pleasing light.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.