35 Products That'll Make Your Friends Think, "Wow, Your Place Looks *So* Nice"
"OK wow, I love your place" —all your guests when they walk in.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A double hand towel holder to make your bathroom seem like it's straight out of the Ritz Carlton — and guests will know exactly where they can dry their hands.
Promising review: "I purchased this for hand towels in the bathroom. It's sturdy. It does not rust or show signs of it being cheap. It’s bigger than I expected and can easily fit four hand towels. It looks nice in the bathroom and looks way more expensive than what it was bought for. I have gotten compliments on it. I'm very glad I bought it and have recommended it to others." —Valerie P
Get it from Amazon for $16.49+ (available in nickle, bronze, and black).
2. Some cabinet pulls — they'll give your kitchen a complete makeover without you having to spend thousands of dollars installing new cabinets. Reviewers confirm that these small touches make a big difference.
Just a note that some reviewers recommend getting your own screws instead of using the ones included.
Promising review: "These are fabulous, and totally changed the look of my kitchen! The price was also great too, as I needed 35, and had to buy to lots, one 25 and one 10, and the total was around $80 for all of them. Which equals out to less than $2 apiece. You can't buy ones of this quality for that price locally. These are heavy, and easy to install." —Debbie Sterrett
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $24.97+ (available in various sizes, colors, and styles).
3. A set of amber soap dispensers because nothing screams "I HAVE A LOT OF MONEY" like sleek nonlabeled soap dispensers, even if you got the soap inside from CVS with your 40% off coupon.
Promising review: "These are amazing soap dispensers. The amber glass is sturdy and strong, and the pump works great. They're easy to fill and they look so good on your bathroom or kitchen countertop. Highly recommend!" —Emily
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $15.99 (available in five different pump colors).
4. A wine stain-removing spray so you can enjoy your girls' nights drinking wine and watching The Bachelor without fear that someone will ruin your couch or carpet. You'll basically have Oliva Pope-level confidence because you'll know if you do spill, there will be no ~scandal~ and the spray will get the stain out, leaving no trace it was ever there.
Promising review: "I thought the world had ended!! RED WINE SPILLED ON AN ORIENTAL CARPET!!! The cream fringe took the brunt of the spill. The first thing I did was put white wine on it…after all isn’t that what you have heard and read? That white wine will remove red wine from whatever. Didn’t work for me. Rush to Amazon…what to do….what to do? I found several products that sounded promising. I read the reviews. So glad that this is what I chose! Worked like a dream. When it arrived the stain had been set for four days, and following the directions on the bottle, the stain instantly started to disappear. My cream-colored fringe was back. Amazing!!! My carpet is back to its beautiful self. Am I happy? So happy words can’t convey." —Pat
Get it from Amazon for $7.95 (available in five varieties).
5. A set of floating shelves you can use in basically every room of your home — from your living room to the bathroom — to declutter your surfaces and add some (practical) decor to the walls.
Promising review: "These were the first shelves I've ever put up, and a year later, I still love them. They're actually surprisingly sturdy and I never think twice about loading them up with however much I can fit (they never show any sign of strain or move at all). They are pretty small, so check the dimensions, but they are absolutely perfect for displaying photos, art, plants, etc. I've moved them around to three different walls in the past year, and I'm constantly switching out the displayed items yet they show almost no wear or tear." —zebrye
Get a set of three from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in four colors).
6. Or an outlet light if you're looking for an option with not as much light for your kitchen. With this, you can add a little bit of light to the room without having to get a big and bulky night-light. And when you turn the lights off at night, you won't end up running into a door you def thought was closed but it was too dark to see...take it from me, that's no fun at all.
Promising review: "I don't like night-lights because they take up the wall outlet, so this was the perfect solution. I put it in the guest bath and at night with the bathroom door open this provides just enough light to guide a person to the bathroom without blinding them. I ended up putting two on my hallway switches as well. What a great product." —LMK
Get it from Amazon for $22.48+ (available in four colors).
7. A gold watering can and mister you can not only use to water your plants, but then leave out after you're done as a chic piece of decor. Plus, you'll never have to admit to your friends that you used to water your plants with a boring old cup.
Promising review: "This watering can is so easy to use, and it holds a lot more water than you would think by the size. I also love the cap that comes on the end of the spout — a great way to avoid spills!! Appreciate the pretty mister that comes with it, too. Both look very nice on the shelf where I house my plants in front of a window." —MC Phillips
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in two colors).
8. A CovoBox made to look like a stack of books, but it's actually hollow on the inside, so you can use it to cover your Wi-Fi router that's awkward sitting out. Say goodbye to clutter and hello to beautiful (and functional) decor.
Before adding this to your cart, you have the option to customize it, including selecting from 14 lengths and 15 colors (including custom colors). The CovoBox is made from reclaimed books and sustainable wood.
BTW — Covogoods is a small family-owned business creating home decor in Utah!
Promising review: "I’m pretty sure I’ve never loved a purchase from Amazon as much as I love this one, and I’ve been a Prime member since Day 1. This product is EXTREMELY well made and very unique. Plus, it does the job of hiding the ugly routers and cords. And the customer service was great and responsive. I was a little hesitant to spend the money on this but after years of living with the husband’s pile of technology, the money was well spent!" —AmazonEmme
Get it from Amazon Handmade for $29+.
9. A set of refillable dispensers to transform your lackluster old shower into something you'd see in a luxe spa. The bottles are made from amber plastic — meaning they look super nice but won't break all over your shower if they accidentally get knocked down.
BTW — Sweet Water Decor is a woman-owned small biz that specializes in hand-lettered items and beautiful home decor!
BuzzFeed Shopping Writer Jasmin Sandal says: "I recently purchased these beauties for my shower, and I can report that the look *and* feel of them tidies up my bathroom and makes it look fancy as all heck. The unsightly store bought bottles I previously had just weren't doing anything for my new shower, and they felt like such an eyesore as you first walked into the bathroom. Now I get excited when people come over just so I can show off my new, trendy ~aesthetic~."
10. A set of peel-and-stick floor tiles designed to make it super easy to redo your floor, without having to actually rip out the tile, which would cost you a huge chunk of change.
The tiles are water-resistant and washable. To apply, just peel the backing and stick to a clean floor. You don't need any special tools or even grout.
Promising review: "I've only had these on my bathroom floor for a month or so, but they seem like they'll hold up. They were a bit of a pain in the ass to cut, but I didn't have the best tools or patience. The price is bananas for how good these look! They really transformed the room for cheap." —Jenascia
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $14.95.
11. An under-cabinet wineglass rack perfect for holding any glasses that are too tall or fragile to be crowded into a cabinet. These will turn heads and make your kitchen feel like a Michelin-star restaurant.
Promising review: "I really like this wine rack! I needed a nice, space-saving solution for wine glasses that are too tall to go in my glass cabinet, and this rack fits the bill. It was simple to install and looks great. Good buy!" —Cycle Mom
Get it from Amazon for $21.93 (available in four sizes and four colors).
12. Sticky Stake insect traps you place in your plants to attract flies, gnats, midges, and other insects and keep them from flying around your house and annoying you so very much.
Promising review: "Holy cow these suckers work! I'm so grossed out by the result, but at the same time, I have a sick sense of satisfaction. I used these in my house plants that are breeding fungus gnats like crazy. I used them in conjunction with beneficial nematodes, and they definitely cut down on the number of gnats in our house. Unfortunately, I added a new houseplant, plus repotted one that had outgrown its prior home, and we are wrapped up in them again. I'm buying another package of sticky traps as soon as I finish this review!" —Megan
Get it from Amazon for $6.93.
13. A handmade floral coaster so beautiful you *might* not want to set your drinks on it, but you totally should because it will protect your surfaces and also feel so elegant you might think you've been transported to the set of Bridgerton.
BTW — Poppy & Pour is a California-based small biz that has been creating custom flower coasters, keychains, and more since 2020.
Promising review: "Absolutely gorgeous! It's hard to get a good photo of resin without reflections or light so trust me when I say this is even more beautiful in person! Seller gave me exactly what I requested and I couldn't be happier with this purchase. Highly highly recommended!" —nlivnil
14. A dual under-the-cabinet trash system bound to be one of your favorite gadgets in your kitchen, because it'll keep your trash and recycling hidden away in a cabinet while at the same time freeing up your floor space and making the whole room feel more elegant. Pretty sure this is what being royalty feels like.
Promising review: "Products by Simplehuman are like the Lamborghinis of the kitchen. Their functionality, ease of install, and years of use you’ll get is worth the spend. I installed mine at an angle so the cabinet door wouldn’t bang into it. My dimensions were spot on, not leaving lots of wiggle room. Word of caution: The liners that Amazon recommends as an add-on are 'D.' But the main garbage can is 'G' and your recycling is 'D.' The recycling liners should be blue, which at the end of the day isn’t a big deal, but I would’ve preferred having the corresponding color with the liner." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $99.99 (available in two sizes).
15. A sleek digital clock designed with a mirror face to be an interesting decor piece that also lets you know that you have three more hours left to sleep when you wake up randomly in the middle of the night.
Plus, it has two USB outlets, which means you can use it to charge your phone (and Airpods) while you sleep.
Promising review: "This is a pretty basic alarm clock, but the mirror finish and large blue display give this a very modern look. Brightness is adjustable and controls are fairly simple. Blue is a deep vibrant shade and looks awesome against the mirror finish." —J. Pennington
Get it from Amazon for $23.95+ (available in eight colors).
16. A wine decanter you can pour your bottle of wine in (even if it's a cheap one) to make it feel like you're enjoying the bottle at a 5-star restaurant. And bonus: it will aerate the wine and make it taste even better.
Promising review: "I was a little nervous to purchase this as a gift for someone because it's glass, and I was worried it would arrive broken. However, it was very well packaged and came in perfect condition. It is a really beautiful decanter and anybody that is a wine drinker would love to have this. I am so glad that I decided to purchase. It is larger than I thought it was going to be as well, which is always a nice surprise." —Kaila Knies
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
17. Some furniture decals you'll get ~stuck~ on real fast because they'll easily transform your lackluster chest of drawers into something so beautiful everyone will assume you picked up at a flea market for a bajillion dollars. Your secret is safe with me!
BTW — This small Austin, TX–based shop offers all kinds of materials to help you upcycle furniture (and more), as well as scrapbook! These decals work on furniture, doors, wood, walls, and more.
Promising reviews: "I absolutely love how these furniture decals made my little rescued desk pop! They were easy to use and so much fun! I even put flowers in the drawer and on the pullout." —agfk67
18. A simple yet stunning rope basket perfect to set next to your couch and place any extra pillows you have for decoration that you need to move when you actually use the couch.
Promising review: "I’ve been wanting this basket for a while, but it was sold out. I recently found it at my local target and instantly snatched it up. It’s adorable and can hold a lot. I love it, and I’m really excited to use it in my living room to put spare blankets in." —LMTarget
Get it from Target for $35.
19. A complete gallery wall set that comes with everything you need to create the perfect gallery wall with as little effort on your part as possible. You'll get eight coordinating prints in different sizes that come *in frames*, so all you have to do is hang them up however feels right on your walls. Once that's done, your home will look so much more complete and put-together.
You get eight frames and art work in a variety of sizes in this set.
Promising review: "These photos are so nice and great quality for the price. My family room needed a little changing, and these photos were awesome! I also love that the seller provides a sheet of different ways to hang the photos." —Critic
Get it from Amazon for $45.99 (the frame color is available in natural or black).
20. A super-sleek velvet ottoman designed so the top pops off (and you can flip to make a small table) to reveal some sneaky storage. You can fill this with basically anything, even an ever-growing candle collection, as one BuzzFeed editor does.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Emma Lord says: "Another bonus? If you flip the lid over, it has a wooden base, so you can *also* use this as a teensy snack table. I recently got one of these for my new apartment to stash my candles and ~candle accessories~ in, and it's pretty much become my favorite piece of furniture?? I use it to prop up my feet during work hours and sometimes if I want to eat on my couch I'll use it as a tray. It's also sturdy enough to sit on, if I ever wanted to have guests over and needed an extra chair. It was RIDICULOUSLY easy to set up — I had it done in less than 10 minutes, and probably didn't even need the directions. It also just looks so darn cute (and comes in so many colors that I'm tempted to buy another!)."
Get it from Amazon for $59.99 (available in eight colors).
21. A TV cord cover to disguise the cables that are visible under your wall-mounted TV. The cover will blend in with the wall and make it seem like the cords aren't there at all. And that, my friends, is fancy-people magic.
Promising review: "This is the perfect solution for hiding a cord! It looks like it is just a part of the base board. Mine is covering a cable wire only, but I think they are big enough to hide more than one cord if needed. I didn’t cut mine, and I bought two. You can tell where the two meet if you look closely. However, I do not think anyone would notice. I can’t believe I let our cable cord sit across the floor for this long. I wish I would have found these sooner!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $16.14+ (available in three sizes and five colors).
22. Some Shoe Slotz designed so you can store your shoes on top of each other instead of side by side, meaning not only will your closet look so neat, but you'll also have room to store more shoes. Always a win in my world.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Sally Elshorafa says: "This product SAVED MY SHOES! I have an awkward set of built-in shelves in my closet, and it was the only place I wanted to put my shoes. As you can see from the before pic (above), it was a big mess; my shoes were piled on top of each other and getting really dirty. Traditional shoe caddies or boxes didn't really work because there's not much horizontal space, so I tried the Shoe Slotz. It fixed the problem perfectly! Because the design smartly stacks one shoe on top of the other, you save 50% of the space you'd normally use to store your shoes."
Get a 10-piece set from Amazon for $30.95.
23. A set of blackout curtains because I'm sure you loved all the natural light that came with your home, that is, until it woke you up at 6 a.m. on Saturday. These curtains will make sure that you get your much needed beauty rest while also upping the elegance factor in the room.
Promising review: "I finally invested in blackout curtains for my room and my kids' room, and now I’m kicking myself for not doing it sooner! These curtains do exactly what they are supposed to do. My kids are early risers, usually getting up when the sun comes up. Today, I was able to sleep until 9:30 because they were still in bed! I woke up not even knowing what time it was because my room was still so dark, haha! These especially made a huge difference in my room which faces the side of the house the sun rises on. These curtains are silky feeling, which I wasn’t expecting, but it gives a sleek appearance. I highly highly recommend this brand." —Key Monique
Get it from Amazon for $16.53+ (available in 17 sizes and 27 colors).
24. Adhesive backsplash tiles — people will think you spent hundreds of dollars redoing your kitchen when all you did was peel it off and stick it to your kitchen wall (or shower or wherever else you want).
Promising review: "This is perfect for upgrade on a budget. These 'tiles' have given my dull kitchen new life and withstood extreme cold and humidity (electrical issues) with no problem. I receive compliments all the time!" —Deidre Dennis
Get a set of six from Amazon for $20.98+ (available in five colors).
25. A floating shelf to transform all your favorite novels and cookbooks into works of art you can enjoy every single day because, let's be honest, are you really ever going to get around to reading every single one of them?
Promising review: "These are so much fun! We ordered the small size, which fits standard hardback books (approximately five to seven hardbacks in my experience). They're a great way to add some extra storage to our very small home, and we've placed them in our hallway so people ask us about them all the time. I'd highly recommend!" —LaBuenaVidaMere
Get it from Amazon for $15.16+ (available in five sizes and variations and in silver and white).
26. A three-tier bamboo rack you can hang on the wall or keep on the ground, but either way, it will give you a place to organize random things and make your home feel less cluttered.
Promising review: "Recently removed the radiators out of my old house, and the bathroom had a narrow space that just looked empty. This fit perfectly, providing much needed storage, and keeps the room from looking cluttered. Easy to assemble and sturdy enough that I am not afraid of it falling apart. Love this!" —Amber Kuhn
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in three colors).
27. A flat outlet plug to help you eliminate the clutter and eyesores in the mess of cords around your plugs, because it's the small details such as these that really make a big difference in your home.
28. A set of minimalist hooks for a super easy place to hang your most-used coats, bags, or whatever else usually just ends up on the floor as soon as you get home. Instead, you can reduce the clutter in your entryway and still quickly grab your coat and bag before you head out the door, because you told your friends you were on the way five minutes ago...whoops!
Promising review: "I am chronically cold and have a bunch of very nice knit cardigans. I usually end up leaving them laying over chair backs or recliners and cluttering things up, so I bought these to have a good place to hang them. The thick wood prevents stretching damage from the weight of the sweaters, and not using a hook prevents damage and holes in the knit. Definitely worth the upgrade." —Amazon Customer
Get a set of two from Amazon for $16.99 (also available in wood beech).
29. A marble self-adhesive film to make every surface look 100x fancier and help ensure you get your security deposit back when you move out.
The film is made from vinyl/PVC film and is water-resistant. To apply, you cut the film to the size you need, remove the backing paper, put it on any dry and flat surface using a D-C-Fix smoother, and it will look as good as new.
Promising review: "Wow!!! I can't believe how much this brightened up our bathroom!! The paper is very thick and seems very durable!! It looks beautiful! It is mostly easy to install. Just takes some patience. I watched videos on how other people did it first before attempting it myself which I think really helped!! Using a blow-dryer to smooth it on helps prevent bubbles from getting caught underneath the paper. This cheap update made such a difference!!!"—Anna F.
Get it from Amazon for $29.60.
30. Light-dimming stickers to put an end to that annoying light coming from your TV, Wi-Fi router, or whatever else you have in your home giving off a not so aesthetically pleasing light.
You get a set of 100 stickers made to fit all sorts of electronics, so you can find the ones that will work perfectly for you.
Promising review: "Ingenious little idea. I suffer from migraines, so I know how a little LED light can irritate you in an otherwise pitch-black room. This product does a great job of dimming those harsh LED indicators that EVERYTHING seems to have nowadays. They are neat, not unsightly." —Jarom A. Daszko
Get a pack of 100 from Amazon for $4.89.