Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. Platform sandals meant to ~elevate~ your look without compromising your comfort levels. You can wear these with dresses, jeans, shorts, and basically anything else you've got in your vacation wardrobe.
Promising review: "These shoes are a MUST-buy! I wanted a cute and versatile sandal for my vacation that was also comfortable to walk in all day, and let me tell you, they are very comfortable as well as versatile! You can wear them with anything, from jeans and shorts to skirts and dresses. These were my go-to shoes the entire vacation.
I will advise you to break them in first if you plan on walking in them all day, as they do rub against the back of your heels. I put bandaids on the back of my heels to help with the rubbing, and that helped a lot. Besides that, it’s a great shoe, and I loved them. Will buy more in different colors." —AKM
Get them from Amazon for $31.80+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 42 colors and styles).
2. A pair of Vessi sneakers made to be completely waterproof so you don't have to waste any space in your bag packing both a comfortable pair of walking shoes *and* rain boots. With these, you'll have one great option, especially if you're out and about and all of it sudden it starts raining out of nowhere (as it somehow always does when you're on vacation).
Promising review: "Perfect travel shoe. Nice fit, I had not tried this style before, very comfortable and cute. Looks great with light denim jeans. Brought them on holiday, perfect for travel and dealing with wet or dry weather." —Lori T.
Get them from Vessi for $125 (available in whole sizes 5–11 and in five colors).
3. Sorel flatform sandals one reviewer took on a trip and walked 13 miles in right out of the box — if that isn't the biggest stamp of approval, IDK what is. Plus, these are super cute and won't clash with all the epic outfits you've been dreaming of wearing since you booked the vacation.
4. Hey Dude lace-up loafers that are not only super lightweight and easy to wear, but they're super easy to slip on and off, which you will be so thankful for when the TSA agent is yelling at everyone to "hurry up" even though it's 4 a.m. and nobody is really awake yet.
Promising review: "I am 59 years old and being on my feet all day is hard for me. I bought these shoes for vacation. I wore them ALL day walking around Universal Studios, and they were everything they promised to be. I didn't think about my feet at all except for normal fatigue after walking all day. I would highly recommend. Perfect for slipping on and off at the airport, too." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $39.03+ (available in whole sizes 5–12 and in 20+ colors and styles).
5. Some braided heel sandals or in other words, your new go-to shoes for dinner every night of the trip. And you won't even have to worry about your feet hurting when the restaurant the concierge said was, "totally walkable" is a little farther than you expected.
Promising review: "I wore these five nights in a row on vacation for dinner and dancing and walking around! Zero blisters and no discomfort! They’re super cute. Held up great! If you’re thinking about it, get them!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in sizes 6–10 and 25 colors and styles).
6. Waterproof Birkenstock sandals that look like the original style but are made with a lightweight waterproof material, so you still get the same comfort level with the added perk of wearing them in the water. Long gone are the day of having to wear ugly water shoes on your beach vacation!
Promising review: "I just got back from a trip to Thailand in the rainy season, and these were the only shoes I wore the whole time. They're waterproof, ultra-comfortable, lightweight, and roomy enough for my wide feet. They complemented my outfits very well. 10/10 — one of my favorite pairs of shoes now." —KWillz
Get them from Nordstrom (available in sizes 5–10.5 and in six colors) or from Birkenstock (available in sizes 4–12 and in 11 colors) for $49.95.
7. A pair of mesh sneakers reviewers say are comfy enough to run, walk, or even stand in all day long. The funky colors also mean you will for sure get compliments on them.
Promising review: "AMAZINGGGGGGG!!! Went on two vacations in these shoes, and on both, I hiked and walked long distances. I walked the strip in Las Vegas and hiked in the Red Rock Canyon and not once did my feet hurt. I also received TONS of compliments. Definitely buy!" —chris and jass
Get it from Amazon for $29.59+ (available in sizes 5.5–10.5 and 17 colors).
8. Nike Daybreak sneakers for a trendy yet comfortable look that doesn't scream, "I'M A TOURIST," even if you...well...are.
Promising review: "I adore these shoes!! I love their vintage look and how comfy they are. I recently purchased them as a birthday present for myself. I took them with me on my vacation and spent hours and days walking around, and I never felt pain on my feet. It feels as if you are walking on a cloud. I also use them to walk at the park and the treadmill. I definitely adore them!" —JennifferG454630828
Get them from Nike for $95 or from Nordstrom for $90+ (available in sizes 5–12 and in five colors).
9. New Balance cross trainers ready to hit the ground ~running~ as soon as you arrive. If you're the type of traveler who would prefer to come home more tired than when you left (there's just SO much to see and do), than these sneaks will be right there with you the whole time.
10. Teva sandals that will essentially be a party on your feet every time you wear them. The shoes are made from quick-dry webbing out of recycled plastic, which means you can *totally* wear these into the water at the beach or during a hike and not have wet feet the rest of the day.
Promising review: "These are the comfiest shoes on the planet. I bought them for my trip to Thailand, which included a heavy amount of walking and hiking. I now wear them all the time, even for nonadventurous activities. They are so darn comfortable, and have great grip." —Caroline V.
Get it from Amazon for $39.42+ (available in sizes 5–14 and 45 colors).
11. A pair of Reebok classic shoes I can personally say are great travel shoes because they're basically all I wore during a trip to DC/Philadelphia last year. Not only are they super stylish, but they're comfortable and look good with everything from jeans, to leggings, and even dresses. A true 10/10 shoe.
I was really trying to not bring a lot of shoes on my trip (because they take up SO much luggage space), so I decided to bring these and two other pairs. I ended up wearing these every day of the trip and was comfortable the whole time, even the day we walked more than 20,000 steps. I wore them with semi-dressy and more casual looks, and I didn't feel like they clashed with anything. You really can't go wrong with these on-trend shoes.
Promising review: "These shoes are comfy enough to be on my feet for 8 hours at a time for work, and they're still stylish. After my first ones lasted me two years, I have come back to buy a second pair. These shoes are definitely more suited for normal to narrow feet, and I wouldn't recommend them if you have particularly wide feet. They are also super easy to clean in the washing machine or with a wet wipe in a pinch." —Ommy
Get them from Reebok for $90 (available in sizes 5–11 and in two colors).
12. A pair of braided sandals more than 17,500 reviewers swear by for their water resistance, comfort, and cuteness. Set your OOO because you'll be ready to go in these babes.
Promising review: "I have three pairs of these now! They feel great. The straps are comfy. When I bought my first pair, I worried the straps would make it difficult to get the shoes on and that they might be uncomfortable/chafing. But I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they really are!!! I alternate the colors and wear them nearly daily now (perfect summer shoes). We went on a beach vacation... We walked for hours at a time, and I never once got a blister or felt any discomfort. I didn't have any issues with feet sliding around uncomfortably when wet (whether from sweat or when it rained). They were great for walking on the beach, too!! These are seriously the best summer shoe!" —Stark
Get them from Amazon for $34.95 (available in whole sizes 5–11 and in 26 colors).
13. Slip-on sneakers that come in so many different colors and patters (we're talking 50+), you may want to grab a couple of pairs (one simple and one patterned) so you can switch up your look every couple of days. Plus, reviews (more than 22,000) say the price is great for the quality.
Promising review: "I purchased these prior to our family beach trip. I found out I was pregnant and needed some type of support when walking around on vacation, rather than flat flip flops. I read the reviews for these shoes, and they were raving. I see why!! These could sell for more money but are reasonably priced. Great quality. There are no laces to tie — elastic bands. I really love these with or without socks. They are roomy but not too big width wise. I would recommend this shoe for anyone traveling as the go-to shoe. They’re easy to get on and get off. Super stylish. Definitely a great deal!!" —Nicole_B
Get them from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes 6–11 and in 69 colors and patterns).
14. Solana espadrilles for a pop of fun and color that doesn't skimp on comfort. You'll be able to wear these all day as you trek around to all the major sight-seeing places everyone told you that you HAD to visit.
Solana is a woman-owned small business that launched in 2020 creating sustainable footwear while also elevating human stories and principles of cultural and environmental sensitivity. The founder, Yasmine, is American, Lebanese, Saudi, and Syrian. This style is named after Borneo, one of Indonesia's largest islands, and is inspired by the people and culture there. The shoes are handcrafted using sustainable materials.
Promising review: "Such a unique gift! Got these from my boyfriend for Christmas and wore them on our trip to Mexico. They were the perfect shoes for the trip! They added just the right pop of color and were super fun to wear. Thanks Solana!" —Ashely K.
Get them from Solana for $285 (available in whole sizes 6-11).
15. Sperry sneakers designed with elastic laces, so you get the look of a real sneaker while still being able to slide them on instantly when you realize that you slept in and the complimentary breakfast ends in 10 minutes. Those waffles just hit different on vacation!!!
Promising review: "I LOVE these adorable sneakers. I got three different pairs of sneakers to compare before settling on these. I decided on these because they felt sturdy and comfortable. I want to be able to wear these for a while, and I like that the sole of the shoe is substantial and the canvas on top is sturdy. The style is adorable. These go with anything and make even the most casual outfit feel a little more sophisticated. The insole is a dream. After wearing through two VERY walking-heavy trips, the insoles have held up great and have molded to my feet. They are so, so comfortable. I love the convenience of the slip-on styling. I've walked hundreds of miles in these babies, and they still look great. (They are in need of a wash — but have kept their shape and comfort)." —Lolo
Get them from Amazon for $38.99+ (available in sizes 5–12,wide sizes, and in 70+ colors and patterns).