1. "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
2. "All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost."
3. "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
4. "It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."
5. "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
6. "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."
7. "I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago and people who will see a world that I shall never know."
8. "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
9. "The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the road has gone and I must follow if I can."
10. "The greatest adventure is what lies ahead. Today and tomorrow are yet to be said. The chances, the changes are all yours to make. The mold of your life is in your hands to break."
11. "It is perilous to study too deeply the arts of the Enemy, for good or for ill."
12. "For still there are so many things that I have never seen; in every wood in every spring there is a different green."
13. "It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing."
14. "A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it."
15. "I do so dearly believe...that no half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly.”
16. "The world is full enough of hurts and mischances without wars to multiply them."
17. "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
18. "After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth'."
19. "I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."
20. "If more of us valued food and cheer and song over hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!