1. How awesome was college life in the ’80s? Let’s use this 1987 MTV commercial for Drake University to track a day in the life of an undergrad.
2. In 1987, you woke up in the morning…
3. Put on your shades…
4. Sprinted to class…
5. And worked on cutting-edge computers.
6. You could make charts and stuff.
7. And print important reports.
8. After class, you’d enjoy a bite to eat…
9. Maybe play some intramural sports…
10. Then you’d hit the party. In style.
11. Meeting people was totally easy.
12. You’d ask them on a date, and nervously await the response… until…
13. Success! He said yes!
14. Then you’d do a slow motion cartwheel.
15. And that was life, pretty much. At least at Drake University. Here’s the full commercial:
What was life like at your school in the ’80s?
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭