1. “Swag on even when you dress casual.”
Robin Thicke, “Blurred Lines”
Try not to leave the house looking anything but fabulous. Sure it takes a little more effort, but you never know who you’ll run into: your ex, your cute neighbor, or your middle school algebra teacher.
2. “I got my red dress on tonight…Done my hair up real big beauty queen style.”
Lana Del Rey, “Summertime Sadness”
Going out tonight? Don’t underestimate the power of little hairspray and red lipstick to turn your “meh” look into “va-va-VOOM!”
3. “It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters…”
Taylor Swift, “22”
Even if red lips and big hair aren’t your thing, pick a night to branch out beyond your typical style and let the good times roll.
4. “Bloodstains, ball gowns, trashin’ the hotel room. We don’t care, we’re driving Cadillacs in our dreams.”
Then again, not every night is meant for getting dolled up and going out. Sometimes, you just need to spend some quality time with your sweatpants and Netflix subscription. House of Cards marathon, anyone?
5. “I’m like, ‘Yo, that’s fifty dollars for a T-shirt.’”
Macklemore, “Thrift Shop”
Look good, but on a budget. January is the perfect time to reevaluate your finances and set limits on late-night online shopping binges. For at least a few weeks…
6. “But here they come again to jack my style…”
Fun., “Some Nights”
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Throw the copy-cats for a loop and try out that daring new look you’ve been mulling over all 2013. If J.Law can do it, so can you!
7. “I’m see-through…Dancing out my pants…”
It happens to the best of us, so don’t let a little wardrobe malfunction get you down. Laugh it off (even if you’re sobbing inside). It’ll be funny in a month or two, right? Right??
8. “We’ll put on bug spray and we’ll lose our clothes…”
Sheryl Crow, “Easy”
While it may be hard to think about streaking through a sprinkler during these chilly winter months, remember that warm weather is just around the corner so…
9. “Look hot in a bikini? You better work, b*tch.”
Britney Spears, “Work B*tch”
Start to eat (and snack!) healthier, perhaps even throw in a little exercise, so that your sweater-body can effortlessly transition into your bikini-body. You have 6 months. GO.
10. “Just happy in the shoes you’re wearin’…”
Kacey Musgraves, “Merry Go ‘Round”
But sometimes it comes down to the simple things in life, like remembering to be grateful for the shoes on your feet and the clothes on your back. #blessed
This post was created by a Community Brand Publisher, which means it is not sponsored and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff.