Let's be clear: POTUS, a proud ChiSox fan, thanked Boston crowd for Youk. Some booed. Others, like me, cried "Yoooouk!" in sad memoriam.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney denied that Boston donors to President Barack Obama campaign’s booed the president after he made a joke about Kevin Youkilis last night.
From the White House pool report:
“There has been some really silly reporting about the president’s remarks regarding Kevin Youkilis last night. It is highly commendable in my view as a Red Sox Fan that the president has always refused to pander on sports. He is a White Sox fan, he owns his fandom of the White Sox . He proved that again last night, And anyone who knows Boston, knows the Red Sox and anyone who was in that room last night knows that the preponderance of people shouting in response to what the President said about Kevin Youkilis were saying ‘Yoooook and not Booo’ for God’s sake.”
“I don’t think the American people appreciate it when politicians suddenly pretend they are fans of other teams to curry favor. The president is very serious about that, he will not do that. He will not cross that line.”
3. Judge for yourself:
4. The official White House transcript says Obama was booed:
UPDATE: Carney clarifies:
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- soxaholix.com readers just made White House: Donors Weren't Booin... hotter
- lucianne.com readers just made White House: Donors Weren't Booin... hotter
- washingtonmonthly.com readers just made White House: Donors Weren't Booin... hotter
- memeorandum.com readers just made White House: Donors Weren't Booin... hotter
- maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com readers just made White House: Donors Weren't Booin... hotter
- White House: Donors Weren't Booin... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- White House: Donors Weren't Booin... was rebuzzed by Donna D.