Mitt Romney was glitter-bombed as he took the stage at an event in Minnesota today, leaving his hair and sport jacket gleaming “like a disco ball.”
Romney called it celebratory when he took the microphone as his son, Josh, wiped much — but not all of it — from his head: “This is confetti! We just won Florida,” he said.
CBS-National Journal embed Sarah Boxer identifies the alleged glitterer:
According to a local reporter with WCCO, the protestor, whose name is Robert Erickson, has glittered presidential candidates Michele Bachmann and Newt Gingrich. Erickson’s motivations seem to lie with immigration – his father was reportedly deported to Colombia.
After handing his jacket offstage, Romney told the crowd: “I’ve got glitter in my hair. That’s not all I’ve got in my hair — I glue it on every day.”
For the second time, Romney also sang “America the Beautiful” adding, “If we keep that up, I’m going to have to get singing lessons, because I’m not so good.”
3. And he sings — again!
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- dwaynep thinks Watch Mitt Romney's Hair Sparkle ... is LOL, Cute & Win
- huffingtonpost.com readers just made Watch Mitt Romney's Hair Sparkle ... hotter
- Watch Mitt Romney's Hair Sparkle ... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- Whitney Jefferson Watch Mitt Romney's Hair Sparkle ... and thinks it’s LOL
- Alibug thinks Watch Mitt Romney's Hair Sparkle ... is LOL
- Dorsey Shaw Watch Mitt Romney's Hair Sparkle ... and thinks it’s Cute