TAMPA — Mitt Romney’s youngest son Craig Romney has cut a Spanish-language ad for his father’s campaign, emphasizing family values, in the latest GOP push to gain ground with Hispanic voters.
“My grandfather George was born in Mexico,” the only Spanish-speaking Romney says in a series of bullet-points meant to appeal to Latino, including the declaration that the soon-to-be GOP nominee “greatly values that we are a nation of immigrants.”
Craig Romney has frequently campaigned with his father in South Florida, where Romney needs to run strongly to capture the must-win swing-state.
CRAIG ROMNEY: “Hello. I’m Craig Romney. I want to tell you about my father, Mitt Romney. He is a man of great convictions. He has been married to my mom for more than 40 years. Together they have five sons and 18 grandchildren. My father loves our country greatly. What he has achieved in life, he has done so by working hard. And it is with that same dedication that he will fight to put our country back on track and create jobs. He greatly values that we are a nation of immigrants. My grandfather George was born in Mexico. For my family, the greatness of America is how we all respect each other and help one another. It is the dedication, the sacrifice, and the hard work of those who struggle to achieve that dream for their families. But on the path our country is on, each day it’s harder to achieve. My father knows how to revive the American Dream and he needs your help to do it. I invite you to get to know him and listen to his ideas.”
MITT ROMNEY: “I’m Mitt Romney and I approve this message.”
VOICEOVER: “Paid for by Romney for President, Inc.”
- jeremytaoko Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... and thinks it’s Win, OMG & LOL
- bobbyman87 Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... and thinks it’s LOL, OMG & Win
- Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- likewhoaa thinks Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... is Fail
- billoreilly.com readers just made Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... hotter
- foxnews.com readers just made Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... hotter
- Swagasaurus Rex thinks Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... is Fail & LOL
- briso thinks Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... is LOL, Ew & Fail
- Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
when Mitt Romney mentioned during a primary presidential debate that his father had been born in Mexico, he was booed by the audience. Merely for mentioning where that his father had been born in the country of Mexico. The word Mexico elicited boos. That’s how hostile the Republican base is to Latinos. No amount of Spanish language ads by Mitt’s team is going to change that.
- andysbasura thinks Romney's Son In New Ad: "My... is Fail