1. “If you had a super power, what would it be?”
“This sounds — it’s kind of a weird super power, but if I had something that I could immediately wish for, I would love to be able to speak any language. Now that’s a weird super power — it might not come in handy to rescue folks from a burning building. But I’ve always wished that whatever country I’ve went to, whenever I’ve met somebody who spoke a different language that I could right away speak their language. I’m a big believe in making connections with people.
“But If it’s like an Avengers super power, then I think the whole flying thing is pretty good…Yeah, you can’t beat just swooping around. That looks like it’d be fun.”
2. “What’s your favorite song to work out to?”
“My iPod has a bunch of different stuff. I’ve got a bunch of old school, a lot of R&B, Stevie Wonder, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Marvin Gaye, but I’ve also got a bunch of contemporary stuff: Jay-Z, Beyonce, you know, Nas. You name it, I’ve got it. I will say right now that if I’m really trying to get my heart rate up, “Crazy In Love” is a pretty good song to work out to.”
3. “Is [the campaign bus] comfortable?”
4. “Do you actually get to use your blackberry?”
“I still use my blackberry, I got an iPad that i use. A lot of it is configured or disabled in ways to preserve national security.”
5. “Red or Green [Chiles]?”
“I think you’ve got to go with the classic red, although every once in a while green is solid. I’m just going with red on this one.”
6. “What’s your favorite New Mexican food?”
“I will confess, I haven’t been able to sample enough to have a favorite. Now the last time I was in Albuquerque I had some pretty fantastic mole if I’m not mistaken — but I have not sampled all that’s available. You guys are gonna have to give me some tips the next time I’m there.”
Host: “We’ll go to dinner when you come to town.”
Obama: “Alright. Well I appreciate that, I’ll see if I can make that happen.”
7. “If we were to visit Chicago, what place would you recommend to get some really good soul food?”
“First of all, there’s a great place on the West side called MacArthur’s, it’s sort of a family restaurant and you name it, you got it. Fried chicken, greens, cornbread, black eyed peas. There are probably three different types of hot sauce sitting on the table. You can’t go wrong there. But when you come to Chicago, you’ve got to try all sorts of stuff. You’ve got Al’s Italian Beef, you’ve got deep dish pizza — gotta check that out. You probably need to get a hot dog at Wrigley field. I know I’m a White Sox fan, but it’s a nice place to watch a ball game. So don’t worry, you will not lose weight if you come to Chicago.”
8. “I know your real favorite song has got to be “Call Me Maybe.” You can tell us. It’s okay.”
“You know, I have to admit that I never actually heard the original version of the song. I saw this version where they spliced up me from a whole bunch of different speeches that I made — they kind of mashed together an Obama version of it. But, you know, it looks like a cute pop song.”
“I just flirted with the President of the United States of America!”
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?