1. You get up at 6am on a Saturday just to watch qualifying
Because you know as soon as you go online, someone’s going to ruin it for you.
3. But no matter what time you wake, the coverage is still horrible
No pre-race coverage, no David Coulthard, no Eddie Jordan. NOTHING.
4. And your local news coverage is even worse
Apparently in Canada, Romain Grosjean is pronounced Romen Grossjane. The more you know.
6. So you have no one to discuss things with…
10 place grid penalty!? Ridiculous!
8. You have to defend it from people who don’t think it’s a sport
Sure, going 300km/h with your head exposed, having to perfectly steer and manipulate your car’s settings to each part of the track so you don’t kill yourself, all while pulling up to 5gs on the corners isn’t a sport. But curling is.
9. And correct people who think it’s the same as NASCAR
Nope. No. Not at all.
10. Or worse, talk about it with someone who hasn’t watched since the 1980s
After hearing that I was up early watching the Singapore GP, a relative recently asked me what Senna was doing these days.
13. You can always try to turn a non-believer
Everyone likes a good high-speed car crash right?