1. “Me and Mrs. Jones” by Billy Paul
Billy Paul’s classic tribute to an extramarital affair remains one of the sexiest songs ever recorded. It has since been covered by several artists, including The Dramatics, Stevie Wonder, Michael Buble, Tower of Power and Hall & Oates, but in this case, nothing compares to the steamy, sexy original.
2. “Into the Mystic” by Van Morrison
From Moondance one of the most incredible albums of all time, it’s almost impossible to pick just one song for this list, but “Into the Mystic” wins for having what may be the sexiest lyric ever written: “I wanna rock your gypsy soul/Just like way back in the days of old/Then magnificently we will float/Into the Mystic”.
3. “Pony” by Ginuwine
It would be very easy to fill this list up completely with soul songs from the 1970s, but that would ignore some great, sexy songs, like this Ginuwine smash hit that has served as a template for hundred of songs that have come after it.
4. “Whole Lotta Love” by Led Zeppelin
Again, it would be very easy to fill this list with nothing but soul and R&B songs from the 70s, but that would ignore this Led Zeppelin classic that manages to be both sexy and rock.
5. “Love Hangover” by Diana Ross
“Love Hangover” is a fantastic name for a song, and Diana Ross’ trademark sexy, soulful voice completes one of the sexiest Number One hits our country has ever known.
6. “Between the Sheets” by The Isley Brothers
Known to younger audiences as the background to the The Notorious B.I.G.’s “Big Poppa” (a song the Isley Brothers have embraced with open arms, quoting it in concert) this original, soulful song is soul at it’s most sexy.
7. “Between the Sheets” by Meiko
Not a cover of the Isley Brothers song above, Meiko’s “Between the Sheets” is closer to “Me and Mrs. Jones”. It tells the story about two lovers who have to keep their love a secret. In the incredibly sexy chorus, Meiko asks to keep the lights on. Meiko’s stripped down, acoustic version of this song is the best.
8. “Let’s Spend The Night Together” by The Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones famously had to change the words to this song when they performed on The Ed Sullivan Show, including the title to “Let’s Spend Some Time Together”. It didn’t matter, it was still sexy as hell.
9. “Wicked Game” by Chris Issak
An incredibly sexy song from the mid-90s, Chris Issak’s soulful, sexy ballad has an incredibly sexy music video to go with, that gives this song the complete package.
10. “Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye
You didn’t seriously think this list wasn’t going to include this song, did you?
Of course there are several incredibly sexy songs that didn’t make this list, and this is just a starter playlist for your next time “Between the Sheets”. Feel free to add your own suggestions below.
- Thousands of rallies for climate change action were held around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris.›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Adele's "25" has sold a record 3.38 million copies in the U.S. in its first full week, Nielsen Music reported 🎤🏆 ›