1. When he shaded MTV…but also network television.
3. When he made this joke.
4. And said this about Julia Roberts.
6. When he tried to explain why the Emmys were on a Monday night.
7. …and then acknowledged his jokes that were flopping.
9. When he dropped this truth bomb about new TV shows.
10. When he introduced Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele like so:
12. When he explained how many of True Detective’s viewers actually watched the show.
13. And when he finished the show by reminding us that we had all just watched hours of a boring award show on a MONDAY FREAKING NIGHT and that it’s four whole days until the weekend.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️