Jurnee Smollett-Bell is one of those faces you surely recognize from TV, but maybe you don’t actually know her name. In just the last week, she’s been cast on the sixth season of True Blood and to play Phylicia Rashad’s daughter in Do No Harm, so if you don’t know her yet, you will.
Here’s a jog down memory lane — or a jog down her IMDb page, really — that should help you figure out exactly why she looks so familiar:
2. 1992: Little Girl in the “I Saw Gina Kissing Santa Claus” episode of “Martin”
3. 1992–1994: Denise, “Full House”
5. 1996: Phoebe, “Jack”
7. 1998: Jurnee, “Cosby”
12. 2009–2011: Jess, “Friday Night Lights”
16. She stars in Tyler Perry’s “The Marriage Counselor,” out this year…
17. …which includes a cameo by Kim Kardashian (sigh) and features Jurnee dressed like this:
18. And when “True Blood” returns for its sixth season, Jurnee will play a new series regular named Nicole.
19. So good luck on your path to world domination, Jurnee!
20. And congrats for making the transition from child star to adulthood look so easy!
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.
- An order from the U.S. Supreme Court means Texas abortion clinics affected by a new state law can stay open while the law is challenged.
- Transgender women can be housed in women's immigrant detention facilities under new guidelines issued today.