1. Observe all park rules. It’s a good idea to make your first visit alone so that you know the park rules before bringing your dog. Failure to follow the rules can cause a park to be shut down or a serious incident to occur.
2. Never leave your dog unattended at the park. Trouble can brew quickly when unfamiliar dogs gather – you’ll want to stay alert and in close proximity to your dog at all times.
3. If your dog becomes aggressive, leash it immediately and leave. It’s important to know you are legally liable for your aggressive dog.
4. Don’t bring puppies younger than 4 months who have not had all the required vaccinations. It puts the health of the puppy, as well as the health of other dogs, at risk.
5. Make sure your dog is up-to-date on all of its vaccinations, and that its license and rabies tags are visible on his collar.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!