1. Cheer up!
See also “Pull yourself together!”
2. Just don’t think/feel that way!
Your leg is only broken because you think it’s broken.
3. Everybody feels blue at this time of year! I was really down for like the whole day yesterday.
Yeah no, this is exactly the same thing.
4. You’re bringing everyone else down!
Hey, this is how I party, ok?
5. You need to try harder!
Do you know how much effort it took to leave the house?
6. You’re so self involved!
My chest hurts! I think I’m having a heart attack! Call…an…ambulance! - GOD. It’s all me, me, me with some people.
8. You haven’t got anything to be depressed about!
That’s the worst part of it.
9. Happiness is a choice!
So is hitting you in the face.
10. You clearly want to feel this way!
I really don’t.
11. You should try drinking camomile tea!
Yeah, that’ll fix everything.
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›