Okay, so maybe when you think of the phrase “toenail art,” something like this springs to mind.
But really, it doesn’t have to be that way! As sandal season gets nearer, these cute, simple designs for dressing up your toes are worth considering, as you phase nail art out of your manicure routine.
1. These polka dots are simple and adorable.
Not to mention easy as hell – just grab the polish color of your choice and apply, then dot your nails with the tip of a white nail art pen once they’re dry.
2. Also consider this this rainbow look.
I can see this pedicure being great with a summer tan.
3. These options are all nice, and the glittery ones are especially suited to at-home pedicures.
Make your big toe your accent nail, since you have the most surface area there. Paint the top and bottom halves different colors, wait for it to dry, then paint the glitter chevron in the middle.
4. Sally Hansen makes a line of their popular Salon Effects nail strips for toes.
5. Also? You can use basically ANY nail art stickers or appliques made for fingers on your feet if you want to.
Let this YouTube broad show you how.
6. Two-tone is less high-maintenance than it looks.
This is extremely basic as long as you work slowly. Here’s how to do it.
7. A simple daisy design is perfectly suited to springtime.
Paint your toes whatever color, then do a tiny dot of yellow surrounded with even tinier lines with that white nail pen from before.
8. Mosaic toes are a bit more complicated, but still totally possible to do by hand. (Or by foot, as it were.)
Just follow this tutorial, but on your feet! And probably don’t attempt more than one color on your pinky toenail.
9. Tuxedo toes are twee but not sickeningly so.
10. Multicolored leopard print is more in your face, if that’s your thing.
Just follow this guide.
11. Or try these seasonally-appropriate pastel stripes.
Oh, what’s that? You can use a white nail art pen to do these? Who would have guessed?
12. And what could be springier than budding branches?
This elegant look can be done at home with the light polish color of your choice and a brown nail art pen or toothpick dipped in brown lacquer. Just draw curved lines with tiny dots on ‘em over your base color and you’re done.
We've got your WKND covered.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›