Thursday night in New York, Marc Jacobs released his fall 2013 collection — America’s most important runway show each season — and with it, his brand-new nail polish line. This, Wall Street Journal reporter Elizabeth Holmes Instagramed, is the shade used in the show. It’s called “Shiny,” which, the nail technician told her, is Marc’s favorite color. (Yes, it’s just plain nail enamel, but Marc Jacobs is a famous designer, which means he can’t make nail polish with such mundane taxonomy.)
2. See these naked — NAIL ART-LESS — nails?
This can only mean one thing: Marc Jacobs just killed nail art. Because if only one show in New York matters, if only one show has the power to dictate how every other American designer will design their next collections, if only one man has the sheer balls to so forcefully return nails to their natural state — rejecting caviar appliqués, claws, astroturf, printed stickers — it’s Marc Jacobs.
Well, it was fun while it lasted!
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.