The MAC AIDS Fund began in 1994, and continues to raise money for HIV/AIDS-related causes through the sale of limited edition makeup collections endorsed by celebrities.
Here are some of the best Viva Glam campaigns starring pop stars, in order of most ordinary to totally eye-popping.
10. Christina Aguilera
Shuddering at those eyebrows.
8. Debbie Harry
And here the make-up is kind of meh, but it doesn’t matter because anything Debbie Harry is a part of is immediately legendary, so.
7. Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin
Who better to shill vibrant make-up than human Crayola box Nicki Minaj? Ricky Martin is an added hunky bonus.
6. Boy George
Pink and red discoloration on one’s neck has never looked so chic.
5. K.D. Lang
This is so amazing because Lang is a famously non-lipstick lesbian, which makes this particular campaign extra witty and adorable.
3. Lil Kim and Mary J. Blige
The strategically-placed mirror, spangled ankle cuff/shoe scenario, and baggy, thigh-high, WHITE LEATHER boots are just SOME of the reasons why this ad is everything.
2. Shirley Manson, SIR ELTON JOHN FOR GOD’S SAKE, and, again, Mary J. Blige.
Too much gorgeosity for one photo.
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›