Amy Winehouse died in her home in Camden, London on July 23rd, 2011, at the age of 27. Despite years of being haunted by substance abuse and tabloid-fueled scandal, Winehouse was a tremendous talent, both as a performer and as a songwriter. This is a reminder that between the darkness and the shadows there shone one of the 21st century’s most beautiful, remarkable, passionate, and singularly talented musicians.
2. “Stronger Than Me” (live)
3. “Me & Mr. Jones” (live at Isle of Wight 2007)
4. “You Know I’m No Good” (acoustic)
5. “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” (live on Jools Holland w/ Paul Weller)
6. “Back to Black” (live 2007)
7. “Valerie” (live at Glastonbury 2007)
9. “Tears Dry On Their Own” (live @ AOL Winter Warmer)
10. “Love Is A Losing Game” (acoustic)
11. “Rehab” (live at the Grammys 2008).
Quite possibly her most powerful performance of this song.
12. That same night, Amy won Record of the Year for “Rehab.”
Amy Jade Winehouse, 1983-2011. We only said goodbye with words.