1. In Zonkos Joke Shop, you can hear whispering coming from Extendable Ears hanging over the register
If you want to take some home with you they are for sale in the shop. Along with screaming yo-yo’s, a decoy detonator, and nose biting teacups
There is even a sign warning you of their eavesdropping
Even though technically it’s the ceiling that has ears…
2. Also in Zonko’s, you can adopt your very own Pygmy Puff. When you do, the attendent will ring a bell and announce the name of your Pygmy Puff to the whole store!
3. There is also evidence that you can buy suction cup shoes and, despite that others have clearly tried, they don’t like you walking on the walls
4. If you look at the window to the left of the Three Broomsticks, you can see pots and pans cleaning themselves
Be sure to get your butterbeer in here as well. The line is much shorter than in the streets of Hogsmeade
5. Once inside The Three Broomsticks, if you look up towards the walkway on the second floor you can see shadows of house elves
The owners of the inn probably wouldn’t like you throwing your socks up there but I doubt you would be the first
6. After your fill of Butterbeer you may find yourself heading to the single restroom in Hogsmeade. However, you won’t be alone as Moaning Myrtle can be heard whining and complaining from both the Men’s and Women’s
It may be best to warn young children of her presence because she is quite loud and may be frightening to little ones.
7. Looking up to the windows of Dominic Maestro’s Music Shop, one window has a cello playing itself and another has sheet music flying around
Before opening a shop in Hogsmeade, Dominic attended Hogwarts and received an award in 1943 (the same year Tom Riddle opened the Chamber of Secrets)
8. Inside the windows of Dogweed & Deathcap, you can see Mimbulus Mimbletonia and a potted Mandrake
9. Drop into The Hog’s Head and try to spy the shrunken heads from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
They are located next to the hog’s actual head
10. Behind the bar you can spot bottles of Fire Whiskey and Daisy Root Draught
11. In Dervish and Banges, the Monster Book of Monsters is front and center. But if you look by the register you will see a clever closing procedure that many will miss
12. If you are looking for jars of Stewed Mandrake and Flobberworm Mucous, they can be found on the second floor
13. Walking down the main road look up to the top of the Owlery. Every 15 minutes an owl will come out like a cookoo clock
14. Next to the Owl Post, in the window you can find a holographic howler that will yell at you for not having your Hogsmeade permission slip
After delivering the message, it tears itself apart
15. Head inside to find the Daily Prophet Delivery Owl of the Year Trophy
16. While Buckbeak may be the star of Flight of the Hippogriff, by Hagrid’s Hut you can find crates labeled “Baby Norwegian Ridgeback”
17. Standing in line for The Forbidden Journey, if you listen closely next to the Potions classroom door you can hear a teacher lecturing Neville on how to correctly perform a spell
18. After the ride you end up in Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods where you can spot the Maurader’s Map with actual footprints walking along the paper
19. In addition to confiscated items, Filch has maintained extensive records on mischievious Hogwarts students, located on the shelves throughout the store
There are file boxes for Charlie, Dean, Ginny, Neville, Parvati, and Seamus
20. While this gown in the window of Gladrags Wizardwear is not hidden at all, true fans will recognize it as the dress Hermione wore to the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire
Accio Emma Watson!
Well that’s it! That should keep you busy while you await The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley! Coming Summer 2014
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.