1. Behold, Nacho Lasagna
When it’s not sparking a heated discussion about how much Colin Kaepernick looks like Milo from 24, the Super Bowl is about eating. This year, wow your party guests with
Hint of Lime Tostitosthis beautiful Frankenfood. The recipe is courtesy of Glenn Harris, chef at NYC’s The Smith restaurant.
2. To feed 12 hungry people, you will need:
2 bags of corn tortillas
32 oz shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz salsa
12 oz pickled jalapeños
16 oz sour cream
6 cups of chili (it will be better if you make your own, but you could settle for store-bought)
3. Step 1: Base layer of chili, then 4 tortillas, then more chili.
4. Step 2: CHEESE
5. Step 3: Pickled jalapeños
6. Step 4: More tortillas.
Heed the advice mom gave you while you were getting dressed this AM and “keep layering.”
7. Step 5: More chili, repeat, repeat.
Just keep going: tortillas, chili, cheese, jalapenos, tortillas…until you’ve reached the top of the pan. You should probably get around four layers. The top layer should be cheese.
8. Step 6: Put it in a 325ºF oven for an hour.
The guy who just showed up with nachos bell grande is about to get so owned.
9. Step 7: If you are doing this right, refrigerate overnight so the layers keep their form.
It can be served in all its sexy meltiness right away, but if you refrigerate, it will look cooler and you can gently reheat it.
10. Step 8: Flip it out of the pan and cut.
You’re about to get an up-close look at your Hormel, you goddamned cheater!! If you fridged it, now’s the time to re-heat.
11. Step 9: Top with sour cream, salsa, and cilantro.
For extra points, put it on your actual nachos.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.