1. So, The New York Times says that even people who can afford to live on their own are opting for roommates. Maybe you’re thinking, uhhhh what?
2. BUT I get it. Seriously. Hear me out: Having roommates means you’ve got a built-in social network.
4. Roommates will chow down with you. These guys will be the additional mouths that will help you not feel bad about ordering an extra large, extra cheese, super supreme, hold the olives, thanks.
RELATED: Willing to share groceries, too? You MUST read our Kitchen Storage Ideas
5. Also they won’t judge you if you’re chowing down alone. Probably.
8. Roommates will be there to talk it out if you’ve had a bummer day.
9. Or, you know, maybe you don’t want to talk it out. But they’re still there.
RELATED: More roommate GIFS for you! Can you take ‘em?
11. But they’ll let you be lazy, too.
RELATED: Outfit your living room for lazy roommate TV show marathons
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!