1. Death Star II by Adam S. in Ogden, UT
He says, “I’ve seen tons of Death Star pumpkins around, but I’ve never seen any Death Star II pumpkins before. So I decided to give it a whirl. It took 12 hours over 3 days and I only used a paring knife.”
2. Master Yoda by Joseph Y. in Norwalk, CA
He says, “I copied some photos of Yoda from Star Wars. Three pumpkins were used. One for the head, one for the body and one for the ears and hands. Attached parts with barbecue skewers and floral pins. Added plastic eyes and some old burlap for the robe. I used clay-sculpting tools and an X-Acto blade.”
3. Death Star by James D. in Warren, RI
He says, “I decided to make a “Death Star” pumpkin but did not realize until about half way through how long it was going to take. The detail was tedious and the pumpkin took about 12 hours total to do. You can not tell by the picture, but it was a huge pumpkin! I use wood carving tools to etch the skin and light brite lights to add some decoration.”
4. Deathstar on a 186lb Pumpkin by Noel D. in Centreville, VA
He says, “I’ve been pumpkin carving since ‘98, and started making my own patterns in 2003. I use various wood working tools (“;V”; wedges), little pumpkin carving saws, and clay loop tools for my carvings. I’m best known for my Deathstar pumpkins.”
5. Jedi Master Yoda by Curtis B. in Verona, WI
He says, “I always try to find pictures of popular topics/movies from the past year or so and turn them into pumpkins. It makes it more fun on Halloween when kids recognize their favorite movie character on a pumpkin. The more challenging the photo, the better. I just use your basic pumpkin saws and knives available from the local grocery store. I often wear out the knives each year, but seeing the finished pumpkin is completely worth it.” (via.)
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.