1. General Ambrose Burnside, the legendary progenitor of sideburns.
3. Horace Greeley, bringing the term “neckbeard” to a completely new level.
Here’s a picture of his neckbeard popping out of his shirt.
6. Karl Marx, whose beard is so powerful it could seize the means of production for the working class.
8. Peter Cooper, designer and creator of the steam locomotive in the United States. It looks like he’s wearing Einstein’s hair on his chin.
9. Admiral Alfred von Tirpitz. If only the Imperial German fleet could’ve been as powerful as this man’s forked beard!
12. Otto the Great, founder of the Holy Roman Empire, who reportedly swore by his beard when making an oath.
13. General Adelbert Adams, who has the perfect t-shaped beard-mustache combo.
17. Che Guevara—those t-shirts of him just wouldn’t look the same without that bit of ratty scruff.
18. Daniel C. Beard. He founded the boy scouts AND HIS LAST NAME IS BEARD so that automatically gets him a place on this list.
20. Carolus-Duran, french painter.
Just look at that wonderfully groomed, upturned stache!