1. It’s no secret that dentists are scary people who use miniature construction machinery to drill holes in your teeth.
This dentist smiles moments before he infiltrates his patient’s mouth with metal weaponry.
2. A 12-year-old boy from France was so petrified of visiting his dentist that he faked his own kidnapping to avoid his appointment.
This little boy looks up at the smiling man who is holding a large needle syringe in his hand.
3. On May 21, police found the boy hiding in the Alpine village of St. Gervais, The Local reported. The boy told officers he had just escaped an abduction attempt from the nearby town of Bagnols.
This little boy yells in shock as the dentist gives him a toy of human teeth to play with.
4. The boy described his alleged kidnapper as a thrity-something European man of muscular build with a scar on his right cheek.
Why do dentists wear masks? To hide possible facial scars?
5. The 12-year-old told police that he was on his way to the dentist when a man pulled him into his car after stopping to ask for directions. The boy even described the car and what his kidnapper was wearing.
A pictorial representation of a little boy’s recurring nightmare.
6. The police spent a month investigating the case. However, after reviewing CCTV footage from Bagnols, they questioned the boy again who confessed he made up the entire story so he wouldn’t have to go to the dentist.
This little boy looks at the kindly man who wields a drill and promises it won’t hurt.
7. I mean, can you really blame him?